Chapter 16

Peter shut his locker after taking out his Spanish textbook. He was heading on to Spanish class when Flash shoved him into the boys bathroom. Again.

"Penis. A little bird told me you've been looking at MJ. She's mine. You're nothing to her. Ya know that right? If we have an understanding, you'll give me your lunch money." Flash snarled. He and his jock buddies were behind him.

"Come on, Flash. Already going for the lame comebacks? For the record, I wasn't looking at MJ." Peter said. He really didn't want any trouble, but Flash was seriously asking for it.

"Lying ain't one of your traits, Parker. And it's rude too. You need to be taught a lesson on how to be respectful."

"Hey! Flash! Get off of him!" Wade stood there. His arms were folded across his chest. The shirt he was wearing was a size too small for him and it showed his huge biceps.

"Johnny. Make sure Wilson stays out of this. I want Parker for my own." Another blonde teenager began to approach Wade and grabbed him by the arms. "Sorry, dude. Flash's orders."

"Get off of me Storm!" He fought against Johnny who didn't budge and watched helplessly as Peter was being physically assaulted.

Once they let him go, Wade helped Peter up. "You okay there baby boy?"

Peter shoved his hands away and spit out some blood. "Don't call me that." He tried to walk but failed as he fell down on his face.

"Come on. Let's get you back to my place. I'll patch you up there."

They ended up at Wade's apartment. It was a two-storey house. Not that fancy looking, but it was decent.

"Dad! I'm home! I brought a friend." Wade called as he settled Peter onto the somewhat lumpy couch. "Wade? That you?" A gruff voice replied from somewhere in the house. A man with a muscular build and a rough beard emerged from what Peter had assumed was the kitchen.

"Whose yer friend?"

"Dad, meet Peter. Peter, meet my Dad." He shook hands with Peter. "The names James Howlett. But my friends call me Logan. Wade talks a lot about you ya know?"

"Dad. Where do we keep the first aid kit?" Wade asked as Peter groaned.

"Bathroom. What happened to him?"

"Flash."

"Thompson? He's not the brightest bulb in the bunch." Wade came back with the first aid. Logan began applying some disinfectant on the wounds and wrapped them.

Wade's phone rang and he excused himself to the kitchen to answer it.

"Thanks."

"Aren't you that same kid who was friends with Wade back in the orphanage?" Peter nodded. Wade was one of his best and closest friends when they were young. They were inseparable. But ever since Wade started hanging out with Flash, they didn't exactly talk much. Only when MJ, Gwen, Harry and Ned invited him over for after school lunches. They were always distant and only talked when they were required to.

"Yeah. I see he got adopted by a good family. He was always so lonely back at the orphanage. I'm just glad. He needs someone to be there for him."

"I should be thanking you. You were always there for him. He wouldn't be the man he is today without you in his life."

Wade had returned from his call. He shot Peter a smile, but Peter could somehow tell that it was fake.

Then Peter remembered. "Crap! I forgot to tell my parents! They're gonna be so worried." Peter whipped out his phone to see twenty missed calls and fifty messages from different Avengers.

He called his pops and the phone rang twice before it went through. "Peter! Where on earth are you?! I went to your school only for your teacher to tell me that you've already left! Your father and I have been worried sick about you! You're lucky because we were about to get the team to find you!"

"I'm sorry pops. I just lost track of time talking to MJ and the rest is all. I'll be home soon." He didn't exactly want to tell his father that Flash was picking on him again. He didn't want to get them all riled up.

"I gotta go, Wade. Thank you Mr Logan for your hospitality and for patching me up."

"Nah. Don't mention it, kid. Say. You're Stark and Roger's kid, right?"

"You know my dads?"

"Yeah. We worked together a couple of times. Say hi to them for me will ya?"

"Will do. Thanks again. I'll show myself out." He ended with Wade walking him to the subway station.

"Your dad's seems kinda nice." Peter said as a attempt at a conversation starter.

"Look. I know what you're thinking. I'm not friends with that jerk." Wade said all of a sudden.

"Then why do you hang out with him then?"

Wade shrugged. "I don't know. I guess... ever since you started hanging out with Ned and all, I thought that maybe you had moved on. Flash is just a jerk. Don't mind him. I'm sorry for not fighting harder earlier. For not being there for you."

"No. It's all alright. You tried."

"No. Let me make this up to you. How about we go for lunch tomorrow after school? My treat."

"It's a date." Peter saw Wade's flushed look and stuttered. "N-No! I didn't mean it that way. It's... It's  just-"

"No take backs baby boy!" Wade chuckled.

"Don't call me that! See you tomorrow at school!"

"See you then!"

Peter was blushing throughout the entire subway ride. He looked as red as a tomato.

He knew one thing for sure. This was definitely not a date.