Chapter 14

It had been a month since the incident and Peter was as fit as a fiddle. Though he had many disagreements with both of his fathers, they had managed to come to a compromise.

Peter would only go out with an avenger watching over his safety. It was a good enough decision so long as he obeys the 10pm curfew.

The final bell of the day rang and Peter was the last to file out of Spanish class. Unfortunately, Flash saw him and had other intentions.

"Come on Parker. I know you heard me. It ain't nice to ignore people. You should be a good boy and listen."

Peter tried to walk it off. Nothing, not even Flash's obnoxious comments could knock him off. He was just twenty more steps till freedom when he was yanked hard by the collar and he was nose to nose with Flash.

"Don't piss me off Parker. Or I'll teach you a lesson with my fist. And boy is it hard to hold them back."

"Come'on Flash. Cut it out, will ya? You aren't a sixth grader anymore. You should start acting your own age for once."

"That's it, Parker! I'll show you!" Flash had dragged him into the boys bathroom. He threw him onto the tiled floor and kicked him so hard in the ribs he was sure he heard it crack. He couldn't believe it. He was Spider-Man who had faced off Sand Man and the Green Goblin. Yet, he couldn't defend himself from some stupid school bully.

Meanwhile, both Steve and Bucky were in the car. It was nothing fancy. Just a 1965 R-type Conventional Bently. You could guess who it's owner was.

Steve was trying to spot his son among the huge flow of students emerging from the gates. It had been fifteen minutes but still no sign. Not a hint of that familiar chestnut brown hair.

"Steve. You've gotta stop worrying. Maybe the kid got held back to finish some extra work or something. Stop worrying. I'm sure Peter's fine." Bucky tried, flipping through his newspaper. How he got one in Russian, Steve had no idea.

"I know, Buck. But I can't help but worry. It's been fifteen. Twenty whole minutes! He should've been out by now. And if he really had some extra work to finish up, he would've at least given me a call." Another ten minutes had passed and he was about ready to loose it. Just then, Peter emerged from the gates. He shot them a smile as he approached the car and got in.

"Hey Pete. How was school?" Steve asked as he started the engine.

"Yeah. It was great."

"It was great!"

"Anything interesting happened to you today? Is that Flash kid bothering you?" Steve asked.

"No. I think we're pretty good now. It's been months and not a single punch thrown." Bucky saw the cheerful look on Peter's face and immediately knew that he was lying.

"Bullshit." Bucky said, which earned him shocked look from both Steve and Peter. "Language!"

"Spit it out kid. I know you're lying. And you're absolutely terrible at it."

"Buck!"

"I s-swear! I'm not lying!" Peter stammered out which in turn recieved a roll of eyes from his uncle.

"I've read enough faces to know when a person is lying. Spill."

"Fine. Its true."

"Peter!"

"Do you need me to have a chat with him-"

"Let's continue this conversation at home. I don't want to accidentally crash."

The Bently pulled up into the compound and Peter did his best to sneak back upstairs into the living room. But they caught up with him and followed him into the elevator.

"Welcome home mister Rogers, mister Barnes and Peter. Shall I inform sir of your arrival?"

"Sure. Where is he anyway?"

"Sir is in the lab with doctor Banner  and does not wish to be disturbed."

"Hey Steve. Fury wants you and Barnes for an Avengers meeting in the comm room in five." Natasha greeted.

"Then what are you still doing here?"

"You know how I enjoy getting on his nerves." She smirked.

Steve shook his head in disbelief. "Peter. We'll pick up from where we left off after dinner." And with that, he and Bucky left.

Peter was in his room five hours later. Steve had already informed Tony and to say that he was mad was an understatement.

He was lounging on the bed trying to get some homework done. He had a two paged essay on the difference between Meiosis and Mitosis due the next day and his teacher was not going to cut him some slack any time sooner.

He heard a knock on the door and both his dads came in. Steve had a calm look on his face although there was anger bubbling within him while Tony did not even bother hiding.

"Do you need Iron Man?"

"Tony!"

"Seriously. Just say the word."

"Tony! Now is not the time. Peter. What your father is trying to say is, whatever it is, you can tell us."

"Alright. Fine. Flash has been around here and there. But it's all good. I swear."

"Uh huh. Just last week, you came home with a black eye and told us that you fell on a doorknob. The day after that, you had cuts on your arms and legs and told us that you fell off your skateboard. Peter. I get that you feel embarrassed about this whole thing. Your pops can speak for himself. But if you are having trouble dealing with this Flash kid, just say it and we'll do something about him."

"Tony. I understand where Peter is coming from. I mean. It's already embarrassing enough to be pushed around, yet alone ask for help. He doesn't want anyone to fight his battles for him, even if it's not his to fight. And telling someone else might just make it worse. Bullies won't walk away that easily. They'll just keep on coming back for more unless they are put to a stop once and for all."

"That's the point! They won't stop! So why not take action now before it escalates from there?"

"Dad! Don't do anything. Please. I can handle him."

"Alright. But if it resorts to something beyond fists, you tell your dad and I. And Peter, promise me that you'll be careful. Don't do anything stupid. I don't want you to end up like me when I was a teenager. I didn't know how to shut my mouth and came back with something much more than a busted lip. Can you at least promise me that?"

"Yeah. Yeah, pops. I promise." Peter sighs and Steve ruffles his hair. "Good. Now get some sleep. It's a school night." Once they left, he felt a light touch on his shoulder and jumped.

"Isn't Flash the same kid that has been bothering you since first grade?"

Peter was stuck to the ceiling now. He looked at who it was and groaned.

"Uncle Buck! Warn a guy, would ya? You nearly gave me a heart attack."

"Nah. You're much too young." Peter slowly lowered himself back onto his bed. Bucky ruffled Peter's hair as a sign of affection and sat beside him on his bed.

"Look kiddo. I know your parents can be naggy at times. Believe me. I know. They fight like an old married couple. But they are doing this for your own good. No one in this family wants to see you get hurt." Bucky said. He loved Peter and would blame hinself if anything happened to the kid.

"Yeah. Yeah. I get it. Thanks uncle Uncle Buck." Bucky chuckled but his expression turned serious yet again. "Seriously though. If that kid lays another finger on you, he is a goner. Get some sleep, kiddo." And with that, Bucky left the dimly lit room, shutting the door behind him.