Chapter 9

A/N:
This is all going to be Peter's POV from now on. It's easier that way.

To say dinner was awkward was an understatement. I was still thinking about what happened back in my room like half an hour ago. Rehearsing in my mind what I was gonna say to them if they asked any questions.

Pops had cooked up his all time famous pasta and spicy meatballs. The entire team was there and they were gobbling down their food like a pack of hungry dogs that I was surprised no one was choking.

I was pushing my meatballs around my plate, not all that interested in my food. Pops had seemed to notice this and his voice pulled me out from my thoughts.

"Pete, aren't you hungry?" Steve asked looking a little bit concerned.

"Yeah. Yeah. I am." I immediately replied.

"You haven't touched your food at all. Did something happen at school that we should know about? Did you get bullied again?" Everyone. And I mean EVERYONE was outright staring at me now.

"Oh. It's not that. I can shoot webs from my body now and you'd probably have to send me to Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters or something." I could totally hear myself replying them him way. Instead, I shook my head.

"No. I'm not getting getting bullied. I was just thinking about stuff."

"You're what? Thirteen? I hardly think you'll need to think that much." Dad smirked from opposite me. He had stabbed a meatball into his fork and proceeded to chew.

Bruce rolled his eyes at this. "Leave Peter alone Tony. He's a teenager. I'm pretty sure there's plenty to think about."

"Aye! When I was his age, there was a lot going on on my mind! Being a teenager was most challenging indeed!" Thor boomed and I cringed from his voice.

"Did my little Petey finally fall for a girl? What's her name? Do we know her parents?" Dad started shooting a whole barrage of questions my way.

"Tony!" Steve chastised.

"What? N-No! It's not about a girl! I'm just thinking. That's all there is to it!" I replied.

I honestly couldn't stop thinking about those webs. It made me think what else I could do? I was too excited and pushed my plate away.

"I'm not that hungry. But it was delicious Pops!"

"Delicious? But you barely touched you food." When he looked up to protest some more, I was already gone.