Chapter 17

Peter shoved his hands in his pockets. He had texted both his dads that he was hanging out with friends when in reality, it was only Wade. He stood waiting by the gym, it was the one place he was told to wait for him at.

"Baby boy!" He heard his nickname being called and jerked his head up in surprise. Wade was jogging over to him with a huge grin plastered onto his face.

And for once, Peter actually liked that nickname.

They went over to a nearby cafè called 'Eric's'. It sold everything from burgers to pies. They sat at a table right next to the window where it overlooked the busy streets of New York. Wade had ordered a Chicken Salad while Peter had the Cheese Burger.

"So. Petey. Tell me about yourself. How's life been treating you? And I'm not asking just because your dads are Captain America and Iron Man. I mean, really. How are you holding up?" Peter's heart warmed at that. Wade didn't want to get close to him just because he lived with the famous Avengers, he cared for his well-being.

"Good. My dads are really nice. I know they can never replace my biological parents. But they love me and I love them back too." Peter admitted. They spent the rest of the afternoon just talking, with Wade listening to Peter ramble on about his aunts and uncles. Wade enjoyed hearing Peter's voice. It was soothing to him.

They started dating for another couple more months. It was starting to get natural. Peter would get calls or texts from Wade.

He told his parents about it and they didn't seem to mind at first. They deemed Wade a good kid after looking at his clean criminal record and clearing out with his background.

This time, instead of Wade texting Peter, it was the other way around. Peter asked Wade to meet them on the roof of an old commercial building.

"Wade. I gotta tell you something." Peter said. He looked serious and Wade took him seriously.

"Sure. Anything." Wade started to feel worried. Was it good news or bad news?

Peter sucked in a deep breath.

"What was it that you wanted to tell me?"

"I'm Spider-Man."

Wade was taken aback. "No way."

"I need to know that you won't continue to date me because of my superhero identity." Peter obviously trusted him by revealing his most biggest secret. That wasn't easy on his part.

"Petey. What are you talking about? I don't care if you're Spider-Man. I love you." Wade carassed his cheeks lovingly as they looked at each other with love and honesty.

"I love you too."

"Peter. There's also something I have to tell you." Wade said.

"What is it?"

"Remember that phone call I took a while back?" Wade said.

"Wasn't it when you had patched me up at your place after getting beaten up by Flash? Yeah. I remember. What about it?"

"I got a job."

"Dude! That's great! What sort of job is it exactly?"

"It's sort of a discreet one. I'm being sent to work for an organization on the other side of the world and I don't know how long."

Peter had begun to tear up. "W-When do you leave?"

"Today." Peter swung back to the Avengers compound. He raced through the living room. His uncle Clint and uncle Bucky had attempted to invite him for a movie but he declined them all too quickly.

That night, some screams and shouts could be heard coming from Peter's room, despite the room being soundproof. A phone could be seen lying on the carpeted floor of the teenager's room, ten missed calls and twenty unread texts displayed on the slightly cracked screen (it may be Stark tech but he is still a superhuman).