CHAPTER 7

Steve's POV/

Peter had just started his school for nearly a month not too long ago.

It was a normal day, Bucky and I went to pick Peter up from first grade since Tony couldn't make it. Peter had gotten into the car with a glum atmosphere. The hood of his jacket was covering his face and he wouldn't look at us.

"Hey sport. How was your first day of school?"

"It was fine." He mumbled back.

"Okay."

That was weird. He was never this anti-social. Once we got back to the tower, he immediately made a beeline for his room.

I have no idea why he's acting this way. Maybe something happened at school?

Bucky's POV/

Something is definitely up with the kid. There's no doubt on that. But the only question was what?

I knocked on Peter's door only to recieve no answer.

"Pete? You in there? It's your uncle Bucky. Can I come in?"

"No! I don't want ya to see me like this!"

"Like what? Pete! Open this door! Come on!" I was seriously starting to get worried about the kid. He's never acted like that before.

There was a shuffling of feet behind it and the door slowly creaked open.

His hood was still covering his face.

"Come on. What's the matter there kiddo? Something happened at school? Can you show uncle Bucky your face?"

Peter ever so reluctantly removed his hood and I widened my eyes at sight of his face.

There were multiple cuts and bruises on them. He even had a black eye and a busted lip. "STEVE! YOU'VE GOTTA GET IN HERE AND SEE THIS!"

Steve rushed into Peter's room in an instant in a speed that would have made Pietro jealous.

"Peter! What happened Buck?!" Steve was inspecting every possible angle Peter's face in a matter of seconds for any other injuries.

"Are you getting bullied?" Steve did not like bullies.

Peter then broke down in sobs that broke both of the Super Solders' hearts. Looking at their sweet and loving Peter like this made them want to obliterate anybody who made him like this.

"Look. Do you need Bucky and I to go down there and have a small talk with them?"

Peter shook his head against Steve while clutching onto Bucky's shirt as they embraced each other in a hug.

"You tell us if anything goes wrong okay? If anyone bullies you, you tell us. You know you can talk to us about anything, don't you?"

Peter sniffles and nodded.

"Alright. Come on. Let's get you all cleaned up and maybe we can get your uncle Clint and auntie Natasha to see if their up for a movie marathon."

"Can we invite uncle Thor and uncle Bruce too?" Peter asked all excited and having forgotten about his sadness.