Chapter 22

"It has been a whole week since we last saw Peter! JARVIS! Are you absolutely sure you didn't recieve anything from Karen!? Anything at all?" He was seething, pacing back and forth at the tower. Everyone was worried. Tony was practically ripping his hair out like a madman.

They had sent out search party after search party of SHIELD agents in hopes of finding his son who had been missing for the past three months and still, nothing turned up. They had arrived at the scene where Spider-Man was said to be last seen. No clues were visible. Nothing related to an attempted kidnapping of any sort or any sign of, if God forbade, murder.

Still, the team never gave up. Tony was in his lab day and day out pulling up anything that had happened on the day Peter had disappeared to try to figure out what had caused his sudden disappearance. Tony placed a tracker on the kid alright. He did. It was a part of his suit, the elastic and flexible material that was so much more durable than plain old Spandex, but somehow, Peter's tracker had been disabled, it was as if Peter himself had vanished off the grid. Tony had tried to get JARVIS to  contact Karen, Peter's A.I., but Karen was apparently offline. Not hacked or disabled. Simply offline. He didn't even think that was possible.

"Sir. You should get some rest and something to eat while you're at it. My scans show that you have a high fever and that your vitals are getting extremely low. Your respiration is a common symptom of dehydration."

"I'm fine. Really. Just peachy. Are there any reports on Spider-Man yet? Tell me, cause I'm about to loose it here."

"Not yet sir."

Meanwhile, in the living room, the entire team was on the news channel, keeping their eyes peeled for anything that might have had something on Peter's sudden disappearance. An advertisement on some new state of the art vacuum customized by Stark Industries came up but the ad was interrupted by some urgent breaking news.

"We interrupt this ad to bring you breaking news! The despicable organization known as HYDRA has resurfaced once again and is seen terrorising the citizens of New York City. So far, they haven't seem to have done any real damage. However, the media and people are in a frenzy, currently anticipating the worst. The organization seems to-" The screen flickers and it turns static. "Tony! Get up here." The entire team was standing in front of the screen.

A man in a black mask stared back at them. "Mr Stark. I believe we have what you want. Don't worry. This transmission is only applicable through here. No one but you can recieve it. Dear Mr Parker misses his daddy, hmm?"

"WHERE THE HELL IS HE AND WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH HIM YOU BASTARD!?"

"Uh uh uh. You don't get a say in anything yet. Mr Parker here has been a resident in our humble home. He is ours and there is nothing that you or your pathetic little team can do about it."

"JARVIS! Track this video and find out it's origin now!"

"Done sir."

"Alright. Avengers assemble."

"Iron Man, Falcon, give me some aerial surveillance. What do you see?"

Tony flew up above the single storey building. JARVIS scans the entire area in front of him. It was an abandoned warehouse somewhere in the middle of Siberia. They knew that Hydra wouldn't make it that easy. There was a motive behind it. The only question was what?

The coast was clear and they burst into the empty Hydra base. "Let's go."

They were stopped when a few men, without a doubt Hydra agents aiming their weapons at them. A scientist walked forward between them, a small smirk playing on the corner of his lips.

"So glad that you could make it to the party. I would love to have the honour of killing you all personally, but I have someone much better to do the job just fine." He stepped aside to reveal a figure behind him all dressed in black, the figure had a gun cocked at their faces.

"Hail Hydra."