Chapter 11 ~ Gangs and Groups (Part 1)

~ Chapter 11 ~

I squeaked as I stumbled, yet again.

"Just go on without me!" I told them.

Bandit turned around and pouted. "Why? Then you would all alone at the Lair."

I shrugged, "The rat would be there."

"Hamoto Youshi." Venus told me.

I sighed. "I'm just holding you guys back!"

"Nonsense!" Leslie exclaimed shaking her head. "It would be nice showing someone the ropes!"

We were all on patrol. Leo thought it would be a good idea if we split into teams.

I got put with Leslie, Venus and Bandit...not that it's a bad thing...

Nick, Bekka, Leo and Raph got put into a team because of their little "switch." The remaining three formed into a group too. Clover, Mikey, and Donnie.

I blew a stand of blonde hair out of my face. "I'm not a ninja though. I can barely even keep up with you guys."

Bandit put his hand on my shoulder and smiled. "It's okay. I'm slow too!"

I puffed out my cheeks. "I wasn't saying I was slow..."

Venus tilted her head to the side. "Then what did you mean, Maxine-San?"

I sighed. "Never mind..."

They all shrugged and started running again.

My shoulders sagging, I ran after them.

After a few times jumping over buildings, I was exhausted.

"I don't...think I can...go any...farther..." I said, panting like a dog.

Venus crouched down, looking down the ledge of the building. "I do not think we will need to venture any longer."

Leslie looked down the alley too. "Oh, a fight!" She pulled out her twin reverse blade Katanas...the weapons she had picked two days ago.

Bandit got out his tofana blades and I just stood there...panting like an idiot.

Venus twirled out her spear and frowned. "I sense a dozen of Purple Dragons...none seem to be dangerous in any means necessary."

"Then let's go!" Leslie exclaimed, very pumped.

"What about Max?" Bandit asked.

"Oh," I said, blushing. "I can stay here. I'm not much of a fighter..."

"You sure?"

I nodded.

"Then let's us go...kick some..." Venus frowned. "...butt?"

Bandit and Leslie cracked up.

"You said butt!" Bandit teased.

Venus's whole face turned red and she hissed, "I did not mean anything inappropriate!"

Leslie suppressed a smile. "See ya guys later!" And she jumped off the ledge.

Bandit grinned and jumped off next, then Venus.

The sounds of battle started...the sound of the Purple Dragons losing...

I sighed and glanced over the edge. Yup, the Purple Dragons were losing.

My eyes wandered for the one guy that attacked me...he was nowhere to be seen.

I frowned. Bandit told me his name was Fong or Frog or Thong...well something like that! If he was supposedly their leader...Where was he..?