Chapter 20 ~ It All Ended With a Big Bang

~ Chapter 20 ~

We all ran behind Donnie, attempting to avoid all Kraang as much as possible.

"We need to switch you guys back a soon as we find the machine!" Donnie explained.

"Are you positive they rebuilt it?" Leslis asked.

"No, but I doubt Kraang Prime would stop the project." I said.

We left Max, April, Casey and Irma back at the lair with Master Splinter. We didn't need to put any of them at risk. Well, Sensei could handle himself. But if the Kraang got ahold of April...

"Raph!" I called out at Leo's body. "Where is the room?"

He paused for a moment. "Erm, the fifth floor!"

We all ran left to the elevator. Clover was on Kraang patrol, making sure we weren't spotted.

It was kind of weird waiting for the elevator in TCRI. Definitely odd.

We all piled into the elevator and pressed floor five.

I drummed my fingers on my leg, man, it feels good to do that, not Raph's fingers drumming on his leg. MINE.

The floor dinged and we ran into the hall.

"Which room?" Donnie asked.

Again, Raph paused. "I-I can't think straight. Too much of Leo's memories."

I glanced nervously at Donnie. "We gotta hurry. It's affecting them faster than it did when we were in bodies."

Donnie, Bekka and I started opening all the doors. Some you do NOT wanna open, like the one Bekka opened and she saw...well, Kraang robots being "built" or what she said that's what they were doing.

"Never again..." She muttered.

"Found it!" Donnie exclaimed as we ran into the room.

The giant metal and purple cylinder hooked up to a bunch of wires with two surgery platforms. The room was two stories high, like it was in the warehouse.

I pointed at Leo and Raph, they nodded and bolted to the platforms. We had no time to waste.

Donnie immediately started typing furiously, putting in codes or something.

I made my katana appear, ready to take out any Kraang that came in.

Clover and Mikey stood guard along with Bekka beside me.

"No sign of Kraang yet," I muttered.

Bekka nodded, "Hallways are empty, shockingly. I'm surprised they aren't crawling all over the place like usual."

The switching machine hummed to life as Donnie slammed his fist on a button.

Raph's and Leo's bodies started to tremble, even shake violently. As if being tazed (and forced to do the chicken dance <Tamara...>).

Venus nervously watched as Leslie glanced at every corner, almost expecting some sort of monster to sprang out from the shadows.

I guess I could understand that, being held and then mutated by the Kraang. I was mutated by Shredder...that stupid son of a...

"Yes!" Leo grinned. "I'm back!"

Him and Raph high five, shocker for them getting along.

"Whoa," Bekka said, "Badger Face can SMILE?! And I thought his face was always in a permanent sneer!"

Raph stuck his tongue out at her and smirked, "So glad that body switching thing is over."

Leslie and Mikey ran over to the platforms next.