Chapter 1 - My Life

Now
Alice POV
17 years later

Let me tell you my story. I grew up in the most horrendous environment, where everyone is mean to each other. It was no place for a child to grow up especially a girl. 

Every day, I would be locked up in my room waiting for my dad to come and torture me. He would always blame for something  I didn't do. The regular lines were repeated saying I look like "her". My dad is psychotic he is either on drugs or drinking alcohol when he starts his beatings.

 I've been never out of my house. I've never seen how everything looks outside. The only time I meet someone from outside it would be my homeschooling teacher. 

 I always wanted to make friends but my only friend here is Fred he is a bodyguard and babysitter in one. Fred has always been there for me but he can't protect me from my father's torture it would result in him being killed.

My father is a really famous mafia man, who has been in hiding for 17 years and only his most trusted men can meet him.  I always question why 17 years is it because of my birth?

Most of my day is spent in the library reading books because that's the only place I get peace because my father made sure that the mansion that we lived in was in the middle of nowhere. So no one can find us and save me from his beatings.

...

Anyways, right now in my room laying on my bed just flicking through channels to find something to watch.

Bang! Bang! Bang!

My door is fallen down from its hinges and in steps, my father drunk. He had a bottle of vodka in his hand and was limping. That clearly states he is drunk.

"Hey my baby girl," says my dad's rough voice.

"Da...d I thi...nk you should g...o to bed" I stutter.

"Where is the fun in that? You know you look exactly like her. She was beautiful and strong. But she chose him over me!" exclaimed Dad he grabs a fistful amount of my hair and bashes me on the wall then slaps me repeatedly until blood starts to come out of my cheeks and new bruises start to form.

"Stop looking like her you are a living reminder of her. You know, how much that hurts." spits my dad at me and then he throws me against a wall making me hit my head and fall to the floor. Then the devil decides to leave. This is every day for me. He would come to torture me and go away and wait for the next day.

After he left Fred barges into my room and as always would apologize for how he couldn't protect me and then he would tend to my injuries and these beatings are normal because I have scars to even prove it. These beatings are a daily routine for me.

Fred tends to my injuries and leaves my room, where  I am greeted by tortures of my nightmares.

...

The next day I am awoken by the bright light of the sun on my face. As every day I go downstairs, where John has already prepared my breakfast, which consists of chocolate chip pancakes with orange juice. 

After I finish my breakfast I head into my homeschooling, which last 5 hours and after that's done I go to the library. On the way to the library, I hear my dad and a man that I've never seen before talking about something across the hallway and I was really curious so I decided to hide behind a really big vase with flowers. 

"They are still not giving up they want her your daughter," said the man.

"I'm not letting go of my precious angel, I told him I had killed her," told my dad to the man.

"Stop it you are psychotic she is not yours, she belongs to him. He believes his daughter is alive. Do you remember you shot the floor instead of her? Ther was no blood to prove she was dead only a hole in the floor. Think logically, sir." 

"I don't care he should feel what I felt when she chose him. His precious should stay with me forever. Make sure of that". I couldn't deal with this anymore. So  I just went to the library unnoticed not wanting to hear more. 

The only questions that were going in my mind were who is "him" and how do I belong to "him"? and Why did "her" chose "him?

*A/N*
I hope you guys like this chapter and want her to find out, who"him" and "her" are
Give me 75-100 reads I'll write the next chapter. Until then Bye.
🙃🙃🙃❤️❤️❤️