Chapter 10 - The Threat

Alice POV
Where is that crazy boy? He has made my day go crazier than crazy. That stubborn boy is not bothered to go to bed and I'm chasing him in his bedroom and he keeps on running off.

From the corner of my eye, I saw Leo hiding behind the curtains thinking I can't notice him, with his body behind the curtains but his little legs were sticking out. Slowly, I make my way to him and pick him up.

"Aaaah you found me!" screams out Leo.

"Yes, little boy I found you. Now we need to get you in bed" I reply back to him.

"Before going to sleep can you sing me the song that you were humming, whilst working" he gives me his puppy dog eyes and I can't object to those. He is very smart for his age.

"Fine, I will sing it for you. Now get in bed so I can sing for you"

"I love you" Leo whispers to me and as instructed he goes to be.

(*A/N* play the song)

"A paper crown, and a heart made of glass
A tattered gown, and her kingdom of ash
She walks alone, can never look back
The story of a queen whose castle has fallen to the sea
She'll make it out, but she's never the same
She's lookin' down, at the scars that remain
But you hold your ground, though your kingdoms in flames
Cause it's the story of a queen who's castle has fallen to the sea
Knowing there's no one who will be a king that will come and save his queen

When all she needs, and all she wants, and all she finds
When all she is, and ever was, is compromised
Cause there's no one to love her
You built your walls too high
And there's no one to love you when you build your walls too high

She's looking out, from the war that's inside
She's screaming out, cause no one survived
But when you're all alone, you wait and you hide
Cause it's the story of a queen whose castle has fallen to the sea
Knowing, there's no one who will be a king that will come and save his queen

When all she needs, and all she wants, and all she finds
When all she is, and ever was, is compromised
Cause there's no one to love her
You built your walls too high
And there's no one to love you when you build your walls too high

There is no one, who is strong enough, to save your love
There's no fairytale, There's no fairytale

When all she needs, and all she wants, and all she finds
When all she is, and ever was, is compromised
Cause there's no one to love her
You built your walls too high
And there's no one to love you when you trap yourself inside". I sang to Leonardo and when I looked down he was already asleep.

I kiss his forehead and said, "I love you too my little boy, Leo".

Without making a sound I leave the room. The house was pitch dark everyone were in their room sleeping. But I had still work to do in the kitchen. So I decided to make my way to the kitchen and finish all my maid's duty even though it's around midnight when witches lurk, for example, Mrs. Russo.

I arrive in the kitchen, where I straight away grab my apron and start to make bread, which I had to leave in the oven for the cook to turn on for breakfast. I was mixing flour eggs and yeats. When I heard someone enter the kitchen.

"Hey, maid make me some midnight snack." I look up to see its Mr. Alessandro his piercing blue eyes looking in my soul. He comes and sits on the counter stool of the table attached to, where I was working.

"Yes, sir what would you like to eat?" I ask reluctantly.

"Make me some pizza bites", who eats pizza bites at midnight?

"Yes, sir I'll make it" why did I agree? I don't even know how to make pizza bites.

Slowly, I start to look around the room. So it looks like I am looking for things to make pizza bites even though I don't know how to make them.

"Maid do you know how to make pizza bites?" Alessandro asks me all of a sudden.

"Um I don't kn-ow how to ma-ke them" Is stutter, whilst answering him. He is going to fire me out of this job. I won't have shelter please someone rescue me.

"Then let me teach you" he replies. This was totally not the answer I was expecting.

He got up and made his way to where I was working he took out all the ingredients to make pizza bites. Whereas, I finished making bread. When I was finished he started teaching me.

...

"No we just have to wait 15 min until they are done in the oven," he tells me.

All I do in return is a nod. He looks at me for few seconds as if he is trying t figure out who I am. To be honest his stare was very uncomfortable.

"So maid since, when have you been singing?" he inquires me. This question took me off guard I didn't know he was listening to me sing. Did everyone listen to me sing?

"Um" I didn't know what to say.

"I don't mean to sound like a stalker or something but I heard you sing from down the hallway from, where I was working. You sounded beautiful so I didn't stop you from singing"

"Oh tha-nk you sir"

"So maid-" that sentence of Alessandro was not finished as for he was interrupted by Mr. Russo.

"Son what are you doing, with a pathetic thing like that. A man, with power, should never stand next to a lower ranking woman! Leve the kitchen in an instance!" Mr, Russo shouted at Alessandro and indirectly to me.

As told Alessandro left the kitchen, without looking at his father. By a bystander looking like me could tell they had tension between each other.

"Maid come here I want to have a word, with you," Mr. Russo asked me quietly. My insides felt like they were on fire by anxiety. Its the end of the world for me. I won't get to see my Leo ever again.

I go up to Mr. Russo and stand opposite to, where he was standing.

"Listen carefully I'm only saying this once. Keep your hand and eyes off my son. You are nothing compared to you. If I ever see you near him again I will fire you or I will torture you to death understood?" Mr. Russo commands to me and leaves the kitchen. His words pierced my heart. It wasn't my fault that Alessandro was, with me.

I go and take out the pizza bites from the oven and leave them for anyone, who wants to eat them and make my way to my bedroom. Mr. Russo was an exact copy of my father he said the same words that my father would say. Every mafia man just cares about their reputation and the woman they obsess over.

I enter my room and go straight to bed not caring about anything else apart from thinking about the words Mr.Russo said. Would he torture me like my father? Would he kill me? those were the questions that kept me up all night. Sleep didn't come to me like every night of my life. Every night was the same. The same nightmares of my fake father kept on repeating themselves.

*A/N*
Hey guys, I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I know it doesn't have a lot going on but this is the best I could do today. Today has been a very stressful day for me. I'm so happy it's over now.

But I am really happy over the fact that we got from 500-700 reads over the course of a week. This means so much to me. I am so happy to thank you so much, everybody.

Random Question:
Do you guys know the Anime "The Vampire Knight"

Please comment, vote and share!!!
🙃🙃🙃❤️❤️❤️