Chapter 22 - Love Is A Fight

Alice POV
I was putting on my shoes. One shoe after the other. The suspense was killing me. When will they call my name? 

When will it start?

Am I going to die today?

A loud booming voice interrupted my thoughts. The voice was coming from the speakers in the locker room "Please come and stand in your designated area, Miss. Alice. Your first fight is going to start in 5 minutes!".

I listened to the voice coming from the speakers and made my way to the entry area. They were going to announce my name and probably not give me a grand welcome as I am a female. I remember when Alessandro told me that I had to participate in the contest.

Flashback

"I guess you heard about this competition holding up and I am telling you that you are participating whether you like it or not", those were the words of Alessandro leaving me in shock.

I look up at Alessandro, his whole face was blue and purple, my eyes were twitching with anger "Who are you to tell me what to do?", I ask him. My anger kept on pilling up.

"I'm your teacher or trainer whatever you want to call me. So what I say is law. Now you are participating."

"I don't know who you think you are to have such a big ego. But I will not listen to a word coming out from your mouth", I had it with this guy.

"Well, I already have signed you up and if you go back to change that fact. We both know your reputation here will be ruined and you will be treated like dirt.", how dare he.

"Who gave you the rights to sign me off like that? You are sick in the head to think I will do something so despicable".

"I don't care about what you think. Come tomorrow at 6 am sharp for training", and with that said he left with his limping legs turning their back towards me.

I was in pure utter shock and started to register what he had gotten me into.

Flashback ends

From that day onwards I was forced to train for three months straight. I was exhausted every day. I tried my best to do combat the way Alessandro taught me. It was hard to learn so much about fighting as I usually take my time learning new moves as I like to perfect the move. I feel so underprepared for these fights to come.

The aim of the contest is to fight, opponent after opponent. If you lose or win it doesn't matter as the judges are looking at the quality of how we fight rather than the number of matches we have won. Us fighters will know who won or lost when the final round comes as the best two fighters will be selected, which means that the rest of the fighters will be disqualified from the contest.

After the announcement, I make my way to the entrance. I stand there waiting to be announced by the presenter. Before me, my opponent's name was announced: "Guys, give a warm welcome to the Snapper!", the crowd went crazy when his name was called out everyone was jumping up and down from their seats.

Well, I guess I am going to die today.

It was now my time to be announced "Now the enemy comes in. Please give a welcome to Vain!", the crowd didn't go crazy and who is Vain?

"Umm excuse me, Miss. Vain you are expected to go in", said a random bulky, tattooed man to me. Since when am I called Vain.

I just nod in return and make my way inside. When I stepped inside all the crowd was sitting on benches that were surrounding the ring, where I and the Snapper were meant to fight.