16

Victoria POV

"Are you Vicki Vice?" Dad asked me.

"The truth?" I asked.

He hesitated but nodded in response.

I stayed quiet for a couple seconds before slowly nodding, "Yeah. I am."

He looked disappointed and angry as if it wasn't what he wanted to hear.

He started pacing back and forth before angrily punching the cement wall as hard as he could.

I jumped in surprise as he did it, looking at him wide eyed.

"Why? Why would you do that Victoria? Why would you get into that lifestyle?" He asked turning towards me quickly making me tense up.

"Because.. because I was good at it." I said not really having any other reason.

"Just because you're good lighting a house on fire doesn't mean you go and do it." He snapped.

My heart started beating really fast in my chest as I started noticing how angry he was.

"But —"

He cut me off, "But nothing Victoria!" He yelled at me. "You don't know how much Mom and I had to go through to keep you and your brother safe from that life!"

"If it makes you feel any better, I got out of it." I said.

"There's no getting out of it Victoria!" He snapped.

"You got out of it!" I pointed out.

"When was the last time you fought?" He asked, ignoring what I just said.

"The time I came home with my face busted open when Enzo, Natasha, and Finn were visiting." I said. "But I got out before that. Ivan threatened to hurt Vince if I didn't fight that night. But that was the last time."

His jaw tightened, "They're not gonna let you get out that easily." He said.

"They're gonna have to." I said.

"If you've been there as long as you've been with Ivan then you know that's not how it works." He said.

"Well then I guess everyone's getting caught." I said moving to walk away from him.

He pulled me back looking at me as if I was crazy, "Are you crazy? They'll kill you Victoria." He said.

"Then so be it. I told them I'm out. And I mean it." I said before moving to walk away again.

This time he didn't stop me but started walking beside me.

"You're not gonna rat Victoria." He said.

"I will if I have to." I replied, shrugging.

"Victoria.."

I cut him off, "I'm out Dad, if that means I'm dead then I guess I'm dead."

He rubbed his face stressfully, "Dammit! You're just like your mother! You don't think!" He snapped.

"Aren't you the one who says 'don't think, just do'?" I asked.

I could see Mom watching us from the car as Vince was talking to Finn.

"You're not going to Vicki. I'll be damned if they put a fucking finger on you. I will raise hell like they've never seen before." He said.

"I will if I have to Dad." I said again, stopping in my tracks and turning to face him.

He sighed in annoyance before glancing at Mom, "Fine. If there's no other way, I think I know a way to get you out but I need to find out if a friend of mine is still connected." He said.