chapter three

"Darling just kiss me slow."

~~~

Selena's pov

The emptiness of solitary was rattling in my own eyes. The silence to conceal myself in the apartment, my own ears drew in the own music of my lips. It's been close to a week since myself and Justin have truly spent time together.

Living together in such a large condo, yet interactions lay minimum. Quiet to leave me in the songs of my own thoughts. I would bathe in the cold light of the snows, watching the city soar below.

Tonight the ball would fall in one square and though it was faint in the fog of snow, time square wasn't too far from this building and the naked eyes could grasp a squint sight of the ball to drop at midnight.

I hadn't made plans for tonight as I assumed the night would be as others, just us two with the comfort of our company.

Justin hasn't been home all day and the sun has slowly reeled towards the horizon, allowing a pinch of colour to blossom the grey sky. I hadn't bothered messaging him as he had been busy with school work and such. The school year is only around the corner and he must be swamped with work.

I wasn't potentially planning on draining my day to the couch's sweet touch. I headed toward the bedroom to slip into something other than a robe. The silk robe pooled to the wooded flooring as I stepped from it and ran my hands along the clothing I've hung up in my closet.

Selecting dark clothing and tossing it over my body. I didn't have much of a desire to play with my makeup today so I just tossed a light gloss to my lips before leaving the bedroom.

My shoes were black and heeled boots that fitted like gloves, only making me a few inches taller.

I slipped my keys and wallet into my pocket and headed to the elevator. I wasn't sure of my destination and I was sure of the crowding of the streets due to the ball drop this evening but I couldn't be dulled in a crowd.

The click of my heels to click against the polished wood lead me to the elevator, pushing firmly into the down button whilst the doors open. As the elevator travels down I picture the streets of snow, where shall I end up and only for an hour or two as I don't want to miss the evening.

My eyes scan the lobby as I exit and a pair of golden eyes mirror my expression. His golden hair fell damp as the snow blended with the heat of his body melted.

"Just the woman I was on my way to see, hello Selena."

His voice was sculpted and sturdy as ever, strong with the rasp to scratch morning whispers. A humour tinted exhale parted from my glossed lips before my eyes drifted to his hands, bearing  a bouquet of white tulips, lavender roses and purple hyacinths. They looked stunning. He caught my eyes and handed the flowers to me whilst approaching me.

I stood from the elevator, his hands held the flowers that I soon grasped. "Thank you." I whispered as my nose scooped the scents of the flowers breath.

>>>

I set the flowers in a cylinder vase, full to the pricks with water to hydrate. My fingers run upon each roses pedals and felt the soft silk like delicacy of each flower.