chapter eleven

unedited

"Psycho."

~~~

They say happiness is a sunny day. Oh how their judgement was false...

The sun glistened to my youthful skin. The warmth to absorb me, my red rubber boats squeak against the pavement. I adored these and everyone in the 3rd grade thought they were such a gem.

Skipping a pebble through the cracks of the ground, my hands were pocketed with a tune humming on my mind.

I rounded the corner and my house blew up my sight, I was truly ecstatic to run my fathers mind numb with the fun day I had at school today.

Fishing the key card from my baby pink adidas pants, I flash the card to the guards and the steel gate wheels open.

"Selena, Baby, how are you!" Joy scurried from the steps to embrace me in a warm hug. I always adored her and she comforted me as my mother couldn't.

"I had the best day today! Wanna see my drawing?"

She stroked my soft shoulder length brunette hair. "Of course honey, but I'm sure your father would love to see it first." She cooed, smiling with her genuine smile, tinted lip to gloss.

I nodded swiftly before skipping past the door and kicking off my shoes in the foyer.

"Daddy?"

Wandering past the beams and the hallways running empty, searching for my father with his nose up the paper.

With no response, I continue to peek around corners until I catch my father, his back to me with his eyes to the blank wall.

""Hey daddy, guess what?" I jump to the couch and sweep my arms around his shoulders, giving him a gentle hug.

My father stayed unresponsive to my positive energy yet I didn't allow that to trump my enthusiasm about the letter I wrote today in cursive.

"Look look look daddy, I wrote you a letter."

The strong scent of a sour stench blew past me as my father exhaled drastically. I knit my brows with confusion to what the unfamiliar odour was.

"Daddy are you alright?" I cautiously walk to the front of the couch to catch a proper view of my father.

His hand grasped a bottle of Daniels, his eyes were spaced out and his breath was slow. Rising his chest in no hurry.

"Selena go to your room."

"Daddy don't you want to see my-."

"I don't give a fuck about your bullshit Selena, to your room and don't come down till the sun is up tomorrow."

It hurt to have my father snap on me as he never had been anything but kind to my in the most loving of ways.

I was shell shock, frozen to my spot as he swayed in his spot, his brown eyes shifting rapidly.

"Didn't you hear me?"

He stood to his feet, fighting for balance as the bottle flung to the floor beside me. I screamed in horror as the shatter of glass shook me to tears.

His hands shoved me to the wall and my little body flung. Pain erupted me and stung my back. Wailing, I squirm in his grip as he peels me from the wall and skates me across the floor.