chapter fourteen

•(un)edited

"dearest poison, goodbye to you."

~~~

Justin.

The glow of deep blue ripples off her as she stands by the pool, her eyes lining me fine. Her body was draped in a silk robe from her luggage and was tied tightly to hold her hourglass figure perfectly.

I had been swimming alone, clock reading 3:55am and my thoughts had been drowning me more than the water could ever hope. After hours of bitterly barked words spat between us, here I lay in the water.

~ hours earlier

"All I want is us to be able to walk around without a chance you'll be behind bars and I'll be in some correction facility!"

"Selena, you knew damn well when you got into this, it was going to be like this."

""No, I didn't think I'd fall in love with you and want to be with my teacher!"

"You think I knew I would want to have this 17 year old running around risking my damn job and life for hookups. Well I fucking didn't."

She went silent for a minute, his eyes were blank, lost in millions of words. She watches as he flips through lines to speak but none float to the surface.

"Well I apologize for jeopardizing your life, guess you were better without me, right?"

"I never said that sele-."

"Better with Tessa? With that bitch! Is that what you would prefer to this life with me?"His jaw shut closed and the veins running underneath this tanned exterior bulged at the taunting lines.

"Fuck off Selena, you aren't one to talk about shit pasts when you've lived your whole life with a man who beat you around for the fucking sake of it."

Anger fumes from his words, sincerity wasn't written thick. She didn't bother to allow the words to trail her tears as none shed.

"Fuck you." She screamed as she swatted the glass vase from the table, allowing the water to decorate the floor. The glass smearing to dainty shards with the beautiful white roses laying in the mess.

As the glass echos in the walls, their bitter spats hush.

"I'm not doing this." She hisses, his body steering to the open windows. She storms to the door of the bedroom. He paused her at the door with her name dripping his lips.

She never tilted her head and allowed her eyes to meet his regretful glow. The rage to build her body spilled sloppy, but she nipped the bud before it could grow.

"Save it."

The door slammed Justin to his own solitary. Regret engulfing him to collapse against the wall. The front door follows seconds after, shutting to pronounce the rage pulsing through Selena.

~ present time

The silk of her skin was evident even with the distance to pardon us.

Her hollow chocolate eyes gaze through full lashes. Her plump pink lips don't shutter and her hands smoothly untie the robe. The silk pooling by her feet and her body concealed in a baby blue bikini. My vision couldn't bare but trace her head to toe with a determination brewing in my mind.

Her eyes were painted white in an almost ghostly appearance. She exhaled softly before taking a seat on the pool ledge. Her mind heavy and her words tread light.