Last Resort

"Well, you see it started after Sebastian had a run in with a few kids from a different school, a few times in the past couple of years," Trent explained, "he started acting strangely, saying weird things,"

"It was really intense," Thad nodded enthusiastically.

"Then all of a sudden he was back to normal, well kind of, but not really," Trent continued to explain, "he was really jumpy and very suspicious of everything we did, he assumed that we had a motive for anything we did,"

"He still does," Wes added in. All of the boys seemed to be heavily weighed down by this. Barry knew that if he didn't do this for Sebastian, then he would have to do it for them.

"Now he is randomly missing classes, not showing up to school for days on end, and when he does, he no longer stays with the school's boarding system," Trent finished off, "that might not seem like enough to worry you, but we think it could be the beginning of something bad, the professors don't care and his parents are impossible to get in touch with. Please, can you help him? We tried and failed, but maybe he will listen to you?"

Barry mulled over his thoughts before giving the boys an honest response, "well, I would love to say that I can fix everything, but I probably can't. Sebastian and I have never been close, we only ever argue when we are near each other, but I will definitely talk to him at least,"

The boys seemed disappointed, but a glimmer of hope remained in their eyes, "thank you," they all replied in unison.

Barry entered the room that Sebastian was supposedly in. It was a small lounge type of area, it had a fire place, more bookshelves and a few couches dispersed around it. Sebastian was sitting on the arms of one of the couches, reading a book and facing away from his brother. When he heard the soft click of the door he lifted his head and looked around. His face fell. Barry noticed, "Barry," Sebastian mumbled as he closed him book and threw it onto the sofa.

"Sebastian," Barry greeted his brother back. Tension was already building in the room as Sebastian walked closer to his brother, stopping a good meter away from him.

"What do you want?" He asked as his annoying little smirk graced his face, already pissing off Barry.

"Sebastian, why are you missing school?" Barry crossed his arms across his chest, he felt just like Joe. He felt just like Sebastian's father, because apparently the boys real one was bad at being a parental figure.

He seemed to be a little taken aback by this question, but his smirk never fell from his face, "why are you in Ohio?" He snapped back with a raise of his eyebrows.

"Answer my question," Barry replied. Sebastian always had gotten on his nerves. Maybe it was because he was so rude, or undignified, but he didn't care, he just knew that he needed to help, even if it meant being overly bossy,

"Nah, I don't feel like it," Sebastian shook his head and revealed in Barry's anger. Their feelings of hatred was very mutual. The younger brother considered the eldest on to just simply be a bother and an easy target.

"Sebastian, there are a lot of people worried about you, if you don't want to talk to me, fine, we haven't spoken in years, but they care about you, so if you need help tell them," Barry snapped, he was going to cut the conversation short. He didn't want to end up shouting at his brother.

Sebastian barked out a laugh, "please, if I needed help I would have gotten it," he rolled his eyes dismissively, "let me guess, it was Trent who set you on this," Barry narrowed his eyes, "do me a favour and ignore him, he is so sensitive that even warm water would burn him," he snorted.

"He is worried about you," Barry shot back. He didn't like Sebastian's tone.

"Well he shouldn't be," Sebastian smirked sarcastically.

"You really are a jerk aren't you, you haven't changed," Barry shook his head in disappointment. He had really hoped that his brother had aged well and become a nicer person, but it was clear that wasn't the case.

"Almost as much as your father's prison sentence has changed," Sebastian sighed, his eyes had a playful glint, but Barry wasn't going to go along with his games.

"Actually, he got out of prison," Barry snapped. Anger was beginning to blur his vision, he didn't like it when anyone attacked his dad, not even his own brother.

"Yes, but then he died, didn't he, and right after he got out of prison, suspicious much?" He rolled his eyes.

Barry took in deep breaths and reminded himself the Sebastian had never met their father since he was very young. There was no way he could know he was a brilliant man, "fine, if that your opinion, then ok," Barry spat as anger gripped him. Sebastian could tell he was annoying Barry, and it was making him ecstatic.

"Alright," Sebastian chirped.

"Well I tried," Barry snapped before he turned heel and left the room. He couldn't stand another moment with that twat. Sebastian watched his brother disappear behind a heavy wooden door. Relief washed over him. He collapsed onto one of the couches with a sigh. He wasn't sure how much longer he could cope. Stress was clinging to him like wet clothing, he ran a hand through his hair. He was stuck and he didn't know how to get out. It was his fault though, maybe if he wasn't such an awful person, then this would have never happened.