Wide Awake

Barry stared in shock at his now, very alert brother who was looking around in a confused panic. His eyes were wildly scouring every inch of the room, he patted himself down to make sure he was okay before he found Barry, "what the hell," he mumbled, "where am- Barry?" It was clear he had no idea what was going on.

"Sebastian? Are you okay? Do you feel alright?" He felt worried words uncontrollably spill out of his mouth. Sebastian looked at him like he had two heads.

"Of course I am fine," he snapped, "why? Why am in a hospital?"

"You don't remember?" Barry squeaked as he sat back, his brother's intense gaze settled on him, making him shift uncomfortably. He did not want to be the one to break the news to Sebastian, but he knew it had to be done, so he needed to swallow his guilt and his fear.

"Remember what?" Sebastian asked, it was clear from his expression that he knew something bad had happened, "Barry, did something happen?"

"Sebastian," Barry looked at him with sad eyes. The brother limply shook his head in disbelief, "your parents are dead," he was blunt, he didn't want to tiptoe around it until his brother caught on.

"W-what? No, you're joking?" Sebastian was smirking, but his eyes held terror and remorse. He didn't want to believe it. It couldn't be true. That wasn't supposed to happen. His parents needed to be alive. They couldn't be dead.

"I'm sorry," Barry answered him regretfully, "they were attacked and killed by your dog,"

Sebastian eyes widened in shock. His face twisted with grief and regret, "no," he whispered, his voice quivered slightly. He placed his head in his hands and began to breathe hard. Barry knew he needed space, so he decided to leave for his job. He didn't know how to deal with this.

Barry slouched into his seat beside Cisco, Caitlin and Iris. They were all relaxing in the cortex after along shift of Flash work. He could feel stress looming over him. He had so many obligations that he couldn't keep up with, "so he woke up and you just straight up told the dude his parents were dead?" Cisco asked. He still couldn't believe Barry had done that.

"Then you just left him alone?" Caitlin asked, she didn't think Barry was the type to abandon his brother when he needed him the most. He had literally just up and left his grieving brother.

"Well, yes," Barry replied guiltily. He knew what he did was wrong, but he didn't want to admit it.

"What? That is not very brotherly," Cisco tutted. Deep inside of him he felt jealousy stirring. He missed his brother so much. It was killing him. He had thought the initial pain of loosing a family member was bad, but dealing with the constant grief was so much worse.

"I wouldn't know what to say," Barry made up excuses, "we have never seen eye to eye, we aren't that close and plus, the last time I saw him we just ended up arguing like always," he explained.

"So what if you argued, you should still cherish him, I made the mistake of not trying hard enough with my brother, don't wait until it's too late, it will haunt you forever," Cisco informed him. Barry felt emotion stir inside of him, he couldn't decipher what he was feeling, but it was both good and bad.

"Why don't you get along?" Caitlin asked. She was curious, from what she had heard about the boy he definitely had a mean streak, but surely Barry, one of the kindest people she had met, would have looked past it.

Barry paused, he shook his head and sighed. He couldn't think of words to say, "Sebastian is still convinced that Henry Allen killed Nora Allen," Iris explained, "they have argued about it since they were little," Barry gave her a thankful gaze,

"I don't blame him, he was constantly told he was the son of a murderer growing up, he was bullied for it as well. However I just can't seem to get past it. It drives me insane, he just knows how to push my buttons. I can't deal with his constant sarcasm and childish games, he just thinks everything is a joke," Barry ranted. He could feel annoyance and guilt bubble up in his chest. They were brothers, they should have gotten along.

"I'm sorry," Caitlin gave her condolences, "that must be tough," Cisco said nothing. He didn't trust himself. "So what is going to happen to him now?" She asked. He was too young to live on his own and from what he had been through he would most likely need constant supervision.

"I think he is going to live in Central City for a little while, I mean, his parents were loaded, he has enough money to last him a lifetime, and he has finished school. I don't know what he'll do," Barry explained to them.

"That's a shame," Cisco sighed unhappily.

Sebastian felt a wave of agony cripple him. He knelt down, his head was bowed low as a tear slowly slipped from his eyes. He could feel himself slowly beginning to loose his grip on reality. The pale moonlight streamed in from the massive and colourful panned glass windows. Large and intricate chandeliers hung down from the ceiling, but they were turned off. It was pitch black, but Sebastian could see well enough. He stared up at the massive cross that hung from the middle of the alter. He was muttering incoherent ramblings under his breath, "please god, make it stop, please let me wake up and this was all a bad dream," he cried softly. He couldn't deal with the pressing guilt and disbelief that was pressing on his chest. Warm tears slid down his cheeks, "please," he whimpered. The masses of pews behind him cast eerie shadows in the night. One last wave of pain ripped through Sebastian's body as he slouched over himself and gasped for air. He gritted his teeth, and slowly pulled himself up. He couldn't be gone for too long. It was midnight and he was so tired. He shakily walked out of the church and out into the freezing cold night air.