Golden Eyes

Cisco jumped in surprise and terror as Sebastian jolted awake. On his features was pure annoyance and anger. His eyes flickered from golden to hazel and he lay as straight as a board. With a huff and a determined blink, his eye colour settled back to their natural hazel. Barry shared a look with Cisco and Caitlin. They were all thinking the same thing, what the heck had just happened. Sebastian's face fell into a frown as he glanced around himself before his gaze landed onto Cisco, "what the f*ck" he muttered as he noticed he had restraints.

"Sebastian, what do you remember?" Barry asked, he didn't want to waste any time. He wanted to know Sebastian's point of view, he wanted to know what had happened fully.

"When?" Sebastian snorted. Why was he always waking up in these situations?

"Just before you woke up, what were you doing?" Barry asked as he edged cooler to his brother with a little bit of hesitance.

"Uuuuhhhhh," Sebastian screwed up his eyes as he tried desperately to remember what he had been doing, but it took a moment for his brain to full switch on. His eyes widened in alarm as his eyes snapped over to Cisco, "Me and Cisco got attacked by a vampire," he replied as his shocked look turned into a frown, "I don't remember anything past that,"

Caitlin sighed in discontent, she could have seen this coming, "the vampire bit you and turned you into a kind of... thrall I suppose," she tried to explain.

"Wait, how did you know he was a vampire?" Barry questioned him suspiciously. How would Sebastian have know that if he hadn't been listening to them just moments earlier.

"I think he told me," Sebastian answered them unsurely, "no, when he bit me it was like... we were psychically connected, I could hear his thoughts," he looked disgusted and revolted by this discovery, that meant the vampire could have seen what was in his head too.

"What was he thinking," Cisco asked the obvious question with a serious expression. He was geeking out, but keeping it under wraps, he didn't want the, to see how amazed he was by the supernatural creatures he just discovered were real. It was as though his teenage dreams were real.

"I know where he is," Sebastian replied, "and how to kill him,"

"No, we aren't killing him," Barry but back. He didn't want to have to reiterate this hundreds of times so he made sure that the first time he said it, it would remain.

"It is the only way to stop him," Sebastian tutted, "there is no other way,"

It was several hours later when The Flash froze outside of the gaping cage that those words really hit him. What if the vampire truly was invincible. The cave entrance was dark and impossible to see into, it was slotted neatly into the ground with large and rocky daggers hanging from its roof. Barry cracked his fingers nervously and crept closer. He was in the centre of one of the many forests that were not too far from Central City. The sky was a deep red with tings of burnt orange. The trees around him rose as dark silhouettes and the evening bird song had long since died. The only noise Barry could hear was the occasional rustling of a tree and the shaking, trembling of his own breath, "you certain this is the right cave Baz?" Barry asked his brother whilst putting on some night vision goggles that doubled as video transmitters.

"One hundred percent," Sebastian's voice hummed into Barry's ear. The Flash could feel annoyance rolling off his brother in waves. He had wanted to come to help Barry, but the elder brother had refused. It was too dangerous and Sebastian was very unpredictable and inexperienced.

"Okay, thanks," Barry muttered as he stepped into the rocky and damp cave. He began to walk at a steady pace, his heart was hammering in his ears and his breath was shaky and rough. Everything he could see through the goggles was in hues of green and black. Every step he took echoed through the large tunnel and came thundering back to his ears. He could hear the constant and soft dripping that had worked away on these caves for years. Large and rocky spears rose from the floor and hung dangerously from the ceiling like a guillotine ready to fall. He clenched his hands together and drew in a large breath. There was not light, he had walked so far in that the minimal light from the surface had long since been smothers by the shadows.  Yet he continued to press onwards, his brother spoke words of reassurance to him.

"Remember, its just a straight passage, you should hit the main chamber soon, you can't miss it," Sebastian mumbled although his signal was rough and his voice was crackling, Barry could tell he meant the best. Barry didn't reply, he knew he didn't need to, they could see everything from his point of view. The cold and stale air circled around him and gnawed at his bones. It wasn't long till he reached the chamber his brother spoke of, and he was struck by awe. The cavern was massive. It stretched high above Barry's head and stooped far below. It had a running stream of water traveling down its back wall and the noise of the water hitting the ground nearly defended him. All light had been suffocated from Barry's surroundings, leaving him in the darkness. He began to carefully creep down into the chamber. There were large and slippery, wet boulders lining the floor and walls as well as countless rocks and pebbles. However Barry's heart froze. He found what he was looking for. Hanging from the cracks ceiling was a large tree root, and handing from it was a very familiar and evil looking silhouette. The vampire was hanging, the tree roots seemed to have grown around his ankles and were suspending him from the ceiling. An uncomfortable shiver snaked it's way down Barry's back. Next to him were thousands, upon thousands of very fluffy and dark looking bats.

"Of course there had to be bats," Cisco grumbled unhappily. Bats creeped him out, especially when they were hanging from the ceiling with a vampire right by their side. Who wouldn't be weirded out by that?