Fledgeling

Barry watched in curiosity as Cara's face morphed from playful to serious, her eyes flicked from the still open portal behind her, back to team Flash, "we have a bit of an issue on our earth," she replied, "we have been finding people dead, completely drained of blood for quite a few days now," she explained with a heavy heart.

"We had a murder just like that a few days ago," Barry murmured with an approving nod. He began to hope that whatever Cara was dealing with was the same issue, because that meant their two teams could put their heads together to try and figure out this issue.

"Really? Brilliant," Cara exclaimed, "Well I mean not brilliant, good I suppose, no not good either," she cringed at herself, "Bad... but not bad,"

"Have you found the culprit?" Caitlin asked. It made sense that if vampires existed on one earth, then they could in another.

"Well... yes and no," she sighed, "Wynn, bring him in here," Cara called through the portal. The whole of the team stood back as Wynn stepped through the portal, dressed very formally, casual. Both him and Alex dragged through an very familiar man. He was the man that was murdered, except, instead of his chocolaty brown eyes, he had two deep red eyes that shone violently in the light. His dark clothing hung limply from his skinny and gaunt body. His skin was unnaturally pain and his eyes were sunken and dead looking. The pair that were subduing him forced him to his knees. His hands were cuffed behind him with very special looking cuffs. Cisco was dying to know what they were for, "this is Issac Roman, he was the person killing most of our victims, but we don't know who killed him," she explained softly.

"He is a vampire," Sebastian grumbled with his nose scrunched up in annoyance. He almost felt sorry for the poor thing. It looked as though it had been through an awful lot.

Wynn and Alex shared a surprised look, much similar to the one that Cara felt grace her face. Team Flash just held in their sighs, they had guessed as much as well, "Yes, he is... how did you know,"

"An educated guess," he replied in a monotone and virtually robotic voice.

"Well you are right, but he wasn't always a vampire, were you Issac," Alex asked him in a very commanding voice. The vampires hollow and dead eyes looked up at her with sheer hatred and rage. Barry felt something stir inside of him. That vampire was giving him the chills. There was something about it that was scaring him.

"He was turned into one, just a few days ago," Wynn explained calmly as he stared down at the creature from the corner of his eyes, "from what he says, it was a vampire from another world that turned him, and many more like him,"

"So we are dealing with a worlds wide vampire apocalypse?" Cisco asked with raised eyebrows. This had to be a new low for them. How much further could they have fallen down the unbelievable and completely insane path?

"Pretty much, Yeah," Cara grinned

"How much information did you get out of him?" Joe asked in curiosity. He could tell that the vampire knew more than it was letting on. It stared up at him with a look that made Joe want to back down. Yet he knew he had to hold his ground.

"Not much," Alex replied sternly, "but we refuse to use unorthodox methods on him, even if he is dead," she replied as she once again stared at the creature.

"No, we completely agree," Barry replied, "but we might know someone that could get more information from his without actually hurting him,"

Alex raised her eyebrows in interest and she crossed her arms across her chest, "you've got my attention,"

It was getting late when the team decided to action. Their numbers had dwindled to simply Alex, Cara, Sebastian and Barry. As well as the vampire of course. The breach had long since been closed and Wynn had returned safely to his earth, leaving Cara with the breaching device. Not that they'd need it. They had Cisco. The team of people were still in the cortex, talking over their recent findings, but it was clear, that if they wanted answers, they were going to have to wriggle them out of the undead creature. They stood in the cortex, around its main desk, the vampire was still cuffed and he remained sullenly on his knees in the centre of the floor.

"Okay, fine, your plan sounds okay," Alex approved with a sigh as Barry felt a triumphant smile split his features. Cara sighed in relief. She just wanted this whole vampire thing to be over soon. It was beginning to freak her out. Undead bloodsucker? Nuh uh. Not for her.

"Brilliant,"Cara, cheered, "but where is the guy you told us that could get information from this dude?" She asked hesitantly. She was sure that they were going to need to make a trip to prison or something to get someone with such an intrusive power. Barry's smile widened as he slowly turned to look at his brother with hopeful eyes.

"Who? Me?" Sebastian looked shocked. He had not expected to be the one Barry used as intimidation. That was never his style. He was more of the sarcastic, mean type. He broke people down on the inside first, then took them out. Maybe that was what they needed.

"Who else?" Barry replied, "I mean you have killed Vampires before," he nudged his brother and flicked his eyes over at the vampire, who could still hear them.

Alex and Cara shared a worried look, "Well Yeah... but that's different..." he frowned at his brother. This was surely a bit out of his power range. He felt dread and worry begin to peck away at his resolve.

"How? If anyone can scare a vampire, it would be you," he assured his little brother with a pat on the back. Sebastian turned to him with a look of disbelief.

The younger of the pair sighed and ran a hand down his face, "fine," he replied. He straightened himself up, dusted off his clothing and corrected his posture before striding towards the vampire. He crouched down in front of the solemn and hateful creature. His features were set in stone and his eyes were piercing and judging. His back was facing the trio of heroes behind him. The vampire's eyes slowly rise to meet his with an intense and unrequited rage made Sebastian squeamish. He studied the eyes for a moment. He could feel power beginning to circulate through his veins and into his heart, "What do you know?" Sebastian growled lowly, his eyes never leaving the vampires inky black pupils.