Plan: Escape

Barry paced back and forth in their tiny cell. Waves of anger and worry rolled off of him. Cara and Alex just sat side by side, next to the door, trapped in their own little worlds, "so let me get this straight, your brother is a werewolf?" Alex asked with disbelief written across her pale features.

"Yes, but he might end up dead if we don't figure out a way to go save him," he warned them with a steely gaze. Sebastian might not have been the nicest person, and he might have killed a few people, and he might be the reason that they were stuck in this situation, but Barry would never forgive himself if something happened to his little brother. He was just beginning to feel like they had a chance to build their relationship, he would not loose it now.

Cara sighed as she stared up at the angsty form of her friend, "Well what ideas do you have?"

"None, and that's the issue," he snapped in annoyance.

Cara was going to retaliate when a small voice from behind the door break through their argument, "I can help you escape," the voice said, it was small and fragile, but full of determination.

Barry and Cara shared a look, their eyes opened wide and their jaws hung agape. They snapped out of their slightly dazed trance and crowded around the cell door window, "you can help us?" Barry asked with a hope filled voice, until he saw who was speaking. It was no doubt a prison guard. He was clad in shiny armour, all Barry could see of him were two red eyes that burned with grief, "but your a soldier," he stated bluntly.

"I'm aware of that," the soldier replied firmly, "but that doesn't mean I want to be one,"

"Were you forced into it?" Cara questioned him further as she stared into his fiery red irises. She didn't like this place not one bit, especially not its inhabitants.

"Most people on this planet used to be human, not any more," he replied as his voice quivered slightly, "but there is a few of us who are still fighting against the king, and I think that if I help you escape, then you most likely will cause havoc in the palace, which is exactly what we need to launch our next attack," he replied to them.

"How can you help us escape?" Alex asked, she wasn't so sure she wanted to be apart of a vampire civil war, however, if their escape helped people who have been wronged by the king, then she would be happy to help.

"I have the keys, so I will unlock the door and let you on your way, but be careful there are hundreds of guards patrolling these halls," he told them sternly.

"Can you unlock our hand cuffs?" Cara asked, she missed being able to use her powers, without them she felt naked and vulnerable. They had come to be her safety blanket.

"Hand cuffs?" The guard wrinkled up he nose in confusion, until it dawned on him, "oh you mean wrist restraints?"

"Yeah, these things," Alex replied as she tugged at her metal cuffs. A new world meant a different culture and Strang words, but she hadn't expected to see it so soon.

"No, only the head of security has them," the guard replied with a sigh. He might have gotten high up in his enemy ranks, but he had so much more to accomplish.

"Where is the head of security?" Barry asked. His best guess was that the head of security was the one that had been in the cell with the king. He was most likely the vampire knight with the most impressive armour.

"He is usually by the kings side, or in the guard barracks, which is the fifth door in the left," The vampire told them.

"Okay, thank you," Cara grinned at him. The guard simply nodded in approval as he slid his key into the lock and clicked it open. He pulled the heavy wooden door out of the heroes' way and waited for them to leave. They all rushed out of the cell, and the guard closed it behind them, with a final departing nod they left him.

They were quick to figure out that they were in some sort of giant stone castle. The corridors were small and narrow however, and the further away from the prison cells they got, the nicer and cleaner it became. The cracked cobblestone that was littered with grime and drained rats, slowly widened out into larger corridors that had polished stone and massive torch holders that hung decoratively from the walls. The hallway seemed to starch on forever, it was so long that they struggled to see the ending. Barry sucked in a deep breath as they neared fifth door on the left hand side. Each door was massively spread out with all kinds of twists and turns in the corridors. The door was painted white with metal trims that were polished neatly. Alex and Cara were in front of him as they snuck close to the ground, breathing gently and stepping lightly. They had luckily not run into any guards jut yet, which relieved them greatly. Alex turned to her teammates and with a nod of approval from them, she slipped her fingers around the impressive door handle. It's metal was cold and reassuring. With a deep breath she pushed the door inwards and crept inside, followed by Barry and her sister. She stood up as she surveyed the area. There were rows upon rows of coffins, laid out flatly on the floor. They all had red velvet interior, except some of them were decorated with pillows of photos of other vampires. Weapon racks lined the walls and all of them were lined with silvery, polished weaponry that was ground to a deadly point. The only lighting in the room was a large chandelier that hung from the stone ceiling and supported several large candles. Aside from the cobblestone floor, there was really little else to the fairly barren room. The only creepy thing about it, was that there were no vampires occupying it. Not even one.

"Found you," a thick accented voice erupted from behind them. The trio spun in unison, it was the head of security, a sick and twisted smile split his features as he held in one of his hands the guard that had let the heroes go, and in the other a pointed sword. Behind him were troops of guards that all had similar weapons. How had they known?