Meet and Greet

A/N: Hello. This is my first time doing this so take it easy on me 😅. I appreciate feedback and notes on my writing. So this story will feature Gabriel Garcia at 18 years old and Clementine at 17 years old. I was also be changing the plot because I can and I want to go with it. I like having them older. Hang with me on this story and don't give up on it. Hope you enjoy the story!

Hello my name is Gabriel Garcia and I am a mute. I know I sound like I'm doing an introduction of myself at an AA meeting but, that's all I got. I stopped talking after my father, David, hit me one too many times and I didn't want to talk about it so I just stopped talking all together. I was around 15 years old at the time and it's been 3 years since. Oh and I forgot to mention, it happened right before the world went to shit.

I was with my sister, Mariana, taking my grandma to a hospital with my stepmom, Kate and my uncle, Javi. My shitty dad went the other way to do something else but, I wouldn't have cared if he died right then and there. My grandma had been bitten by my grandpa and that's when shit started to go sideways. Grandma didn't survive and uncle Javi had to put a bullet between her eyes to keep her down.

We haven't seen my dad since we split that day and just assumed that he was dead and gone. It's been about three years since that frightful day and, honestly, things could be better. My family has been traveling across the country in this ugly ass van that should've stayed in the 80's where it belongs. Being a mute in the middle of an apocalypse is as awful as it sounds. I want to speak my mind about whether we stay the night or be safe and hit the road. I want a say in what we have for dinner: beans or yams. Someday I hope to find someone I can talk to, someone who understands the struggles of being a teen in this shit-show, and someone I can love.

I didn't know when that day would come but, I hoped it would be sooner than later because I don't know how long I can go on.

Little did Gabe know that the day he met his match would be sooner than he realized, as in the next day sooner.