Date Night

It's been a couple weeks since the bathroom incident and things have been awkward to say the least. I've been so busy practicing singing and what to do on our date night that Clem thinks I'm ignoring her. So, now every time I make eye contact she glares at me and leaves the room. We also haven't kissed since then and that REALLY fucking sucks. The good news is that Clem's ankle has healed nicely and Eleanor said that she no longer needs the crutches. The bad news is that Clem can kick my ass anytime now for being stupid and ignoring her. I still spend time with AJ and he finally learned how to speak in full sentences. I'm going to use this to my advantage when asking Clem out.

It's a Friday morning when I finally feel good that everything is ready and perfect when I ask Clem out. I get up early to make her breakfast in bed and have AJ help me out and bring to her. We have a selection of pancakes, French toast, eggs, toast, and a glass of orange juice. I carry the food up and AJ brings a flower he picked outside to her. Clem is just barely awake as we walk in and immediately sits up as we push the door open. Her eyes soften as AJ brings her the flower but, harden slightly when they turn to me. I give her a small smile before sitting her food on the bed and turning to leave but, a hand on my shirt stops me. I twist around and Clem is moving over to let me in under the covers and pats the space beside her.

"There is no way I can eat all of this on my own."

I give her a smile before jumping in, causing both of them to laugh and I pull the tray in between us. I feed Clem a couple pancakes and wipe syrup on her cheek. She giggles and pushes me away and picks up a napkin to wipe away the stickiness but, I beat her to it. I bring Clem's face close to mine and lick off the syrup as her faces turns crimson. I look up into her eyes and try to speak but, her lips cut me off. I immediately return the kiss and pull her closer. As the kiss starts getting heated, we hear a voice that breaks us apart.

"Mommy why are you eating daddy's face?"

Both our heads snap to AJ, who's sitting at the bottom of the bed looking confused at us. Clementine starts to correct AJ that I'm not his father but, I stop her and bring AJ up to me.

"AJ, would you like me to be your daddy?"

AJ gives me a smile and flings his arms around my neck and I hear a quiet yeah in my ear. As we're hugging I hear sniffles coming from beside me. I turn to see Clem holding back tears and quickly bring her into the hug too.

"Is it okay if I'm AJ's dad, Clem?"

"You don't even have to ask."

As we're hugging, I nudge AJ and give him the signal to began the proposal. AJ slides off the bed and goes to get his notecards that I wrote for him. Clementine cocks her head at me, silently asking what's going on and I just shrug my shoulders. AJ comes back and begins.

"Momma would you like to go on a date with daddy?"

I look at Clem with the question in the air and she throws her arms around me, which I take as a yes. I hug her back and move in to kiss her but, I'm stopped by a voice outside our bedroom.

"Alright you love birds, time to get a move on and get prepared for this thing or we're going to be behind schedule."

Mariana appears at the door with Javi and Kate behind her. Javi drags me out of bed as Kate and Mariana stay with Clem. I give Clementine one last longing look before our gazes are cut off by the door closing. I huff and turn to Javi in annoyance and he just shrugs his nonchalantly and drags me outside and to his house to begin prepping.

It's turning dark outside by the time everything is ready and I'm so fucking nervous. I've been rehearsing what I'm going to say to Clem over and over again. Not to mention practicing the song I'm playing for her so many times that I've lost count. I want everything to be perfect because she's perfect.

God, I'm sweating like a whore in Sunday church in this tuxedo. Javi and Kate went on a run earlier this week and found a tux and a dress for Clem but, I haven't seen it. Javi also picked up some nice smelling cologne and partially slicked my hair back. I spend about 20 minuets setting up the dinner with the table, candles, and made sure we were going to be right under the moonlight. Our house had a backyard and that's where I placed everything. There was a white sheet hung up covering the small stage Mariana and Javi built. I'm caught up in my thoughts and don't here Kate approach me and she speaks, making me jump out of my skin.

"Gabe. She's ready."

I feel the breath get knocked out of me as I lay eyes on the love of my life. Clem is wearing a lace red dress that comes up mid thigh and wearing black pumps that give her a couple more inches. Her hair is slightly curled and I see a glimmer shine off her lips, lip gloss. My heart skips a beat or two when she gives me a smirk, amused at me being speechless once more in my life. I hear Javi, Kate, and Mariana giggle at us before saying something like have fun and use protection and then they leave us.

Clem comes closer to me and places her hand on my jaw and closes it before whispering in my ear.

"Careful babe. Don't want to catch flies."

That snaps me out of it as I come back down to earth and start tripping over my words.

"Clementine, beautiful you look. I mean you beautiful looks. Fuck! Clem. You. Look. Beautiful."

I finally spit out the words and Clementine gives a hearty laugh before thanking me and saying I look sexy. That gets a laugh out of me and I hold out my arm for her to take before leading us to our dinner. I pull out her chair for her and go to my own seat and we dig in. We finish and share a chocolate shake, feeling like we're in our own little world. And everything is perfect. Until I remember what I have to do and then I start sweating.

As we get done eating, Mariana comes back to escort Clem inside and out a blindfold on her and gives me a thumbs up. I tear down the white sheet and place a chair right in front of the stage. I grab my guitar and motion for Mariana to place Clem in the chair before taking off her blindfold. I see Clementine's face covered with shock and then it's her jaw that drops this time.

"Hello I'm Gabriel Garcia and this is Wonderwall."

"Just kidding. Clem, I hope you enjoy this."