Bring Me To Life

"You all will have to say your goodbyes soon. The machine is using a lot of our generator fuel and we cannot waste what we have left."

That must be the doctors voice telling my family.

"You fucking asshole! He's worth more than anything in this god forsaken world! And you treat him as if he's a fucking object! Well fuck you!"

And there's Clem. I love her and her attitude.

"Clem, you need to calm down. Gabe wouldn't want you to be this way. Me, Kate, and Mariana will say goodbye first. Then, you and AJ can have the final moments. I don't think we can be there when it happens. We've lost him so many times before but, this is real. I'm so sorry Gabe."

Javi's tone of voice is ragged, like he's holding back tears while he's speaking. I hear a door open and close before feeling a hand take mine.

"Gabe, it's me, Mariana. I want you to know that you are my best friend and my hero. You took the hits from David for me and I will forever be in your debt for that. I'm sorry for all the stupid fights we had because of me. Don't worry about Clem and AJ, I will keep an eye on them for you. I hate goodbyes so, I guess I'll see you soon bro."

There's a faint kiss on my cheek and the open and closes once more. I hear the next persons cries before I hear their voice. Kate.

"Oh Gabe, sweetie. This wasn't supposed to happen. We were supposed to become a big family and live in a better world. You were going to marry Clementine and have a family of your own. I was going to be a real grandma and Javi was going to be a grandpa. I'm so sorry I didn't stop David sooner. I should've killed him when I first seen the bruises on you. I'm so sorry Gabe. I love you so much and always will. I don't want this to be goodbye but, it is. I hope to see you again someday."

Another kiss on the cheek and she leaves the room. I want to cry out and stop all this but, I can't feel anything in my body. The door opens once more and I feel a weight on my bed and someone laying on my chest.

"Uncle Javi, when will dad wake up?"

"He's not going to buddy. Your dads is going to heaven but, will always be in your heart."

"I don't want him in my heart. I want him here and to hold me. Pwease, daddy wake up!"

"AJ, you have to say goodbye to him. He has to go now and we can't stop it. I'm sorry, Gabe. I will love you forever and I will never stop thinking about you. I wish you would somehow magically come back to life like you do but, I know you won't and that's okay. Rest easy buddy."

There's a scrabble between AJ and Javi because AJ doesn't want to leave me. He cries out for me and hugs me one last time before leaving with Javi.

Please, whoever's listening, let me move. Do something to show them I'm still here and okay. Please.

While I'm praying, I don't here the door open and close one last time. I do feel a warm hand on my face and the bed dip under their weight. Clem.

"I guess this is it, huh dork? When I first saw you that night sleeping on your floor when you saved me, I knew that you were special. You made my life complete and made me feel beautiful. When you sang to me on our date night, you couldn't see what you was doing to my heart. It became whole again after breaking so many times from before. You made me forget we were in an apocalypse and feel like the world revolved around me. You saved me multiple times and I never expected you to. But, I love you with all my heart and wish you would come back to me. Just one more time and I won't take anything for granted again. Hell I'll even marry you if you would just wake up. I think you ran out of lives but, I'll never forget you or stop loving you. Say hi to Lee for me. Goodbye Gabe."

MOVE. COME ON. GET UP. GET THE FUCK UP.

My fingers start twitching and my eyes start moving around under my eyelids. Feeling starts returning to my body and before I could speak, Clem gives me a goodbye kiss. When she goes to pull back, I lean up and put my hands on her head to keep her in place.

Clem's watery eyes snap open at me and breaks away in shock.

"Gabe? Gabe! What the fuck? What the actual fuck?"

I smash my lips on hers and pull her into my lap. Clem immediately responds with vigor and straddles my hips. My heart monitor is going off the charts so I rip out the cords to stop the beeping. A few minutes after kissing Clem smiles at me before hitting my chest.

"Stop fucking risking your life for mine, you asshole! I can't lose you again and I fucking mean it this time!"

"I'll never stop saving your life for mine. That's my job."

Clementine rolls her eyes at me but, goes in for another deep kiss this one with tongue. My hand is halfway up here shirt when the door bursts open.

"Clem! What's wrong? We heard- oh you're getting ready to have sex with Gabe in a hospital. Lovely. Wait. Gabe? GABE!"

Javi rushes over to us and jumps on me. Clementine rolls off in time and glares at Javi. The others rush in and join the dog pile with me at the bottom. AJ is the last one on and sits by my face and hugs it. I gasp for air and tell them to get off and they reluctantly do with smiles on their faces. As I caught them up on what happened, leaving out the Lee part, the others go to the rooms they were assigned and say goodnight. Except Clem. Clementine has decided not to leave my side ever since I woke up. Not that I mind. At all.

"Move over, I'm coming up."

I slide over and let Clem hop in before I bury my face in her neck. I missed holding her like this and her faint smell of strawberries. Clementine wraps her arms around my head and we stay like that for a few minutes, taking in each other's presence. Everything is quiet until I tell her who I was with.

"Clem, I want you to know that I wasn't alone up there and someone is watching over you."

She looks lost and looks at me to explain.

"Lee was with me and helped me come back to you. He has been with you since he died and wanted you to know that he loves you."

Clementine glances towards the ceiling and back towards me before hugging me again.

"I knew he wouldn't leave me."

I smile and a comfortable silence lays over us before I break the silence once more.

"So, marriage huh?"