What The Fuck Is Happening To Me

It's been about 5 months since we found Clem and things have been.....weird to put it lightly. Javi and Kate moved another bed into my room since Mariana only had a half bedroom. So, me and Clem have been getting to know each other better and each night she tells me a little about her past. I listen to her talk every night and her voice lulls me to sleep, giving me this feeling that I've never experienced before. And it's getting worse.

I get this tingly feeling in my body when she looks my way during dinner or the butterflies in my stomach that appear every time we touch hands during chores. I know I'm crushing hard on her like that David Archuleta song but, he didn't say shit about being a mute and not being able to tell her. I have a feeling she feels the same way because Clem gets this warm look in her eyes when we lock eyes and it's like that sweet hot caramel sauce pooling over a cold scope of vanilla ice cream. Oh man. I am in deep.

Every evening I get some alone time between chores and I hangout in my room and write poems. Yeah I know it sounds lame as fuck but, when you're a mute you don't really have any other way to express your feelings. Well besides action but, that's not an option right now so I settle for sappy shit like poems. They're all about Clem and how I feel for her and all that jazz. However, before anyone else can read them, I burn them in my little tin bucket outside my window after I write them. Today I was feeling really weird after an incident in the barn. Me and Clem were stacking wood in piles, just like we did everyday. But, for some reason there was a random rope lying on the floor in the barn that Clem didn't see until she was about to bite the dust. For some reason she decided if she was going down, that I was coming too. I felt the wind get pushed out of my chest as Clem slammed into it, knocking us both down into a crumpled heap on the floor. I slowly raise my head before realizing our faces are mere centimeters apart and blush bright red. Clem starts to lean in and I do too before snapping back to reality and rush to get to my feet. I hurriedly help Clem up as well before taking off to the cabin, not looking back once because if I did I would run right back into her arms and take her breath away.

As I pick up my pen to start my poem, I curse myself for leaving her there by herself and feeling rejected because I took off like a coward. Feelings start pouring into me as I begin writing.

Your eyes cut through me like a hot blade
I feel exposed under your gaze and alone.
Your touch sets me ablaze with passion
Passion for you and your ferocity.
Your lips look softer than flower petals
I hope to one day pluck-

"GABE!"

I jerk from my paper and jump up and run out the door. I quickly glance around to see any source of danger. Only to find Mariana standing outside with a shovel in her hand and her foot tapping the ground.

"Did you really think you were getting out of your chores early?" Mariana asks with an annoyed tone.

I shrug my shoulders and take the shovel from her and proceed to finish my chores for the day. By the time I finish my chores, I am soaked with sweat from the intensity of the sun and rush inside to take a shower. Lucky for me no one is in yet so, I grab a set of clothes and cleanse myself of the sweat and grime of the day. I haven't seen Clem since our mishap this morning and start wondering where she could be. I shrug to myself as I step into a fresh set of clothes and head to our bedroom. As I open the door I see a sight that makes my heart drop to the floor. Clementine is sitting on my bed reading a piece of paper. A piece of paper that had my poem I forgot to burn. The poem about her. Fuck. Clem starts at the sound of the door opening and spins around to face me and starts to open her mouth to speak.

"Gab-"

Javi runs into my room,out of breath, with a bag on his shoulder.

"We need to leave. A herd of muertos is coming our way and fast."

Double fuck.