No Regrets

"Papa! Wake up!"

I crack open one eye and see my little girl standing at the door of my bed. I roll on my side and move my hand around for Clem but, turn up empty. I give a huff and sit up in bed, pulling Claire into my lap.

"Where's Momma, Claire Bear?"

"She's making breakfast and wanted me to get you up."

I place my 4 year old daughter beside me in bed and start tickling her, causing her to let out a shriek. She starts laughing and kicking her feet at me, trying to make me quit but fails. I finally let up and put her on my back before going downstairs. We come into the kitchen and see Clem at the stove making French toast and see my 15 year old son, AJ, setting the table. I sit Claire down and sneak up behind Clementine and wrap my arms around her waist.

"Good morning, gorgeous."

"Good morning to you too, handsome. Can you hand me a plate and get out the syrup?"

I release her from my grasp with a kiss on the cheek and hand her a plate. I make my way to the refrigerator and place the syrup on the table. AJ finishes the table as soon as Clem comes in with the breakfast. We all sit down and began eating. When I've had my fill, I lean back into my seat and look at my family. Me and Clem have been married for 10 years now and I couldn't be happier. The walkers finally died off from starvation and the military slowly formed again. The world was going back to normal but, would never be the same. Clem sees me looking at her and opens her mouth to speak.

"Gabe, it's time to wake up."

"What?"

"Gabe! Get the fuck up!"

Smack!

I'm jerked awake from the slap and look frantically around the room. I see Clementine staring at me with them hazelnut eyes and she gets up out of bed before hobbling to her dresser. I remember where I am and rise up out of bed to help her with her clothes. I see her begin to protest about the help before giving a look that shut her down. I pull off her dirty clothes one at a time with a permanent blush on my face. Soon she is left standing in her bra and underwear before I quickly pull out a clean outfit. I jerk a shirt over her head and yank up her jeans before rushing to the bathroom. I rinse my face with cool water to calm my nerves and start my morning routine.

Once I'm done in the bathroom and have on clean clothes, I make my way downstairs where I find Clem at the kitchen table with a pair of crutches beside her. I see her reading something but, I don't know what and start making breakfast. It's not a feast, a couple scrambled eggs and some toast but, it'll do. I go back to Clem with two plates of food in hand and sit across from her. I slide her plate to her and begin to dig in. Clem gives me a small thank you and joins me in eating. We both finish and I take our plates in the sink to wash them. I hear Clem make her way to me and gives me a hug from behind.

"I never got a chance to say thank you. I thought I was done there for awhile and was beginning to accept it. I should've known you would come but, a voice in my head said you wouldn't. So, thank you."

I turn around and gather her in my arms before sitting her on the kitchen counter. I place my hands on either side of her legs and look her straight in the eye.

"I told you yesterday, Clem. I will always come for you. Come hell or high water, nothing would stop me from getting to you and I want you to know that. You don't have to thank me for saving you because I took it upon myself to make it my job. You and AJ are my number one priority and nothing will ever change that. You two are my everything."

By the time I finish, Clementine has tears streaming down her face. I kiss them away as more appear and I give her a gentle kiss on the mouth. I pull away, only to be yanked back into another kiss. This one is more fierce, showing me how much Clem loves me and her passion for me. I pull her hips to mine and she wraps her legs around me. I feel her hands snake up my neck before running her fingers through my still damp hair. I give a gasp as I feel her grind into me and I have to pull back from her. She gives a small whine and narrows her eyes at me.

"Why'd you stop?"

"I don't want to do something you'll regret. And you're injured."

I let go of her legs and take a step back before turning back to the dishes. Clementine gives out a frustrated groan and I can hear her brooding. There's a shuffle behind me and I'm guessing she hopped off the counter but, then it's quiet. I don't hear the sound of her crutches or her moving back to the dining area and I'm puzzled. However, before I can even turn around and see what's happening, there's a yank on my belt and suddenly I'm face to face with loving eyes. I yelp from the closeness and go to take a step back but, find myself cornered between Clem and the sink.

Oh Shit

Clementine places her hands around my neck and pulls me down to her face. Her breath is hot against my cheek as she takes a deep breath before speaking.

"I want you to know that I have down a lot of things in my life that I will always regret. But, I can guarantee you this Gabriel. Anything that I do with you, I will never regret. And I mean anything."

I swallow hard at the innuendo and it sends a shot of passion to my abdomen and lower. Clem loosens her grip on my neck but, not completely and I move in to kiss her again. Before our lips meet, the front door swings open and we jump and move apart.

"HELLO! IS ANYONE HOME? WE'VE BEEN KNOCKING FOR FIVE MINUTES! WE HAVE YOUR CHILD AND HOPE YOU AREN'T IN THE PROCESS OF MAKING ANOTHER ONE!"

"Jesus Christ, Javi. You're gonna wake up the whole goddamn neighborhood. And leave them alone. If they want to have sex then they can. BUT, IF YOU GUYS ARE HAVING SEX THEN PLEASE USE THE CONDOM WE LEFT YOU!"

Goddamnit Javi. And Kate.