An Eventful Morning

Since I let the girl take my bedroom, I had made a makeshift bed on the floor to keep an eye on her. Javi wouldn't stop giving me stupid ass grin of his while I was getting ready for bed. After dinner I made my way to my room to bed down for the night. I always sleep in my boxers and a white cotton tee because I get incredibly hot in my sleep. I took one last look at the girl in my bed before sleep overcame me.

A slight nudge on my back woke me up. I could tell it was in the early A.M because it was pitch black outside. Another, slightly harder, nudge brought my attention to the pressure against my temple. It was cold and metal feeling so I assumed it was a gun. I opened my eyes to find the girl sitting beside me, holding a desert eagle to my head and the safety was off. Damnit. I knew we should've frisked her.

"Okay this is how this is going to go. You're going to sit up slowly and tell me how the fuck I got here and who the fuck you are. Got it?" The Girl hissed with venom laced in her voice.

I slowly sat up and motioned towards my mouth and shook my head. I was hoping to God that she would understand before she painted the walls with my brains. The girl cocked her head sideways and squinted her eyes at me, as if trying to decipher if I was playing dumb or actually being truthful. My eyes frantically searched the room for my pad of paper and a pen. They finally locked on them and inclined my head towards the items and looked at the girl. She caught on and slowly stood, making her way to my communication method not taking her her aim away from me. The girl brought me the pen and piece of paper and I quickly scratched down what happened.

"My name is Gabriel but, you can call me Gabe. I found you in the woods beneath a log and nearly dead. I brought you back to this cabin that I share with my stepmom Kate, my sister Mariana, and my uncle Javi. Sorry if I scared you, I couldn't leave you out there by yourself."

She snatched the paper out of my hands as I finished writing and scanned the paper. As she was reading I thought I saw a flash of something in her eyes but, it quickly vanished as she set her steely focus back onto me. She slowly put down the gun and flipped the safety back on before speaking.

"Okay so you brought me back here after finding me. Why? Why didn't you leave me out there like anyone else would do? And why aren't you speaking?" She demanded in a softer voice than last time.

I brought the paper back to me and started explaining myself.

" I couldn't leave you out there to die. I've done some terrible things in this world but, I'm not a monster. You needed help and I made a decision that I was was going to save you. As for my speaking, I stopped talking after an incident when I was 15 years old and I've never spoke since."

The mystery girl read over my story and turned back to me with an expression I have never seen before when I told people my story: understanding. I mostly get pity from people and get treated like a fragile piece of glass that's about to break. But, she was different and l felt a warm feeling spread throughout my chest when thinking about it. I quickly shoved the feeling aside as she started talking again.

"Thanks, I guess, for helping me. And sorry for holding a gun to your head but, I didn't know where I was or who you were and went on defense mode. By the way my name is Clementine but, you can call me Clem I guess." She faded off.

I waved my hand as a greeting and grabbed my notepad one more time.

"Okay now that we have that taken care of, can we go back to sleep? I have chores to do tomorrow morning and want to get a couple more hours of sleep."

Clementine nodded her head and made her way back to my bed as I laid back down on my pallet. She quickly put two and two together and spun around with her mouth open, about to protest about taking my bed. I simply held up my hand and gave a thumbs up before turning my back to her, leaving no room for argument. I heard the bed sheets shuffle around and the springs creaked, indicating she was laying down. Feeling satisfied I slowly started drifting off to sleep once more but, not before hearing her utter her last words for the night.

"Thank you, Gabe."