The Big Day

One Year Later

Today is the day I marry my best friend and I couldn't be happier. After I got out of the hospital, I went out and found a big ole' diamond. Clementine liked to act like she wasn't a girly girl but, when I got down on one knee with that rock in my hand, she squealed and jumped up and down. It took me five minutes to get an answer out of her and she punched me in the shoulder before saying yes, you dork. Since that day I've had help from the others gathering necessary things for a wedding. Oh and I almost forgot to mention the world is being rebuilt.

Washington was legit and the vaccinations worked and cured all those who were recently bitten. The muertos started dying out as more people came to fight back for the world. We have a town of about 567 people and still growing. Our group is still together and we like to have dinner every weekend together. Javi and Kate have been married for 6 months and have a baby on the way. Mariana is currently learning to become a doctor and is an apprentice at the hospital. Rick and Michonne had a kid and named her Bonnie. Glenn and Maggie have two kids and named them Hershel and Claire. Carl and Beth got married last month and have a little one on the way soon. Kevin left when we got to Washington and haven't seen him since. Daryl and Carol finally admitted their feelings towards each other and started dating. And me and Clem are getting hitched today.

Javi went out with Rick to find a wedding dress for Clementine and when they did they didn't show me. Right now me and AJ have on matching tuxedos and he's the ring bearer. Javi is my best man and Carl and Glenn are my groomsmen. We hear the Javi call out for us and make our way to the alter. I stand waiting for my soon-to-be wife and hear the piano start playing and the doors open up. I see Beth, Maggie, and Kate looking all dolled up but, my breath catches as I see Clem. Her wedding dress is tight in all the right places and the white looks wonderful on her dark complexed skin. I straighten my stance and look into her eyes as she comes to a stop in front of me. I give her a big goofy smile and she returns it with a laugh. Gabriel, the towns preacher, clears his throat and starts the ceremony but, I tune it out as I stare at my beautiful bride. Someone gives me a nudge and I realize everyone is looking at me, oh shit my vows. I scratch the back of my head before taking Clem's hands into my own.

"I didn't really write down my vows because that would mean they didn't come from me truthfully so, here we go. Clementine, when I first brought you to my family's cabin in the woods, I knew that you were the one. I didn't say anything at first because I was less.....vocal back then. But, that day in the rain when I screamed your name, I wanted you to be mine and for me to be yours. You make my heart skip a beat when you smile at me, make my skin tingle from your touch, warm me up from your kiss. I can only hope I do the same for you because it truly feels amazing. I have risked my life for you multiple times and would gladly do it again in a heartbeat if it meant you and AJ were safe. I'm ready to spend the rest of my life with you guys by my side and ready to start a new adventure with you."

There is not a dry eye in the church as I finish, including me. Clementine wipes her tear and clears her throat before starting.

"Gabriel Garcia, you are something. I didn't know what at first but, you were something and I wanted to find out what. When you saved me from the woods that night I thought you were going to kill me and that's why I pulled a gun on you. And to my surprise you didn't seem angry but, quiet and it infuriated me when you didn't speak until you explained. I made a goal to myself that day, that I was going to get you to speak. Who knew it would only take me leaving to get you to speak. Hearing your voice calms me and sends chills up my spine. When you hold me, I feel like I'm home. Your kiss makes me feel like a princess and you're my knight in shining armor. You sacrificed your life for mine multiple times and I hated you for doing it but, I realized you were doing it out of love. But, if you do it again I will have to kick your ass. Me and AJ want to be with you until the end. And ready for anything in this world because we have you."

I'm smiling like a doofus when she finishes and I look at the preacher and lean my head towards Clem. He gives a laugh and speaks.

"I know pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride."

I sweep Clementine off of her feet and bring her into a kiss causing the crowd to hoot and holler. I pull back with a smile and Clem just rolls her eyes and smiles back. I carry her bridal style down the isle and start jogging out of the church.

"Gabe! Gabe, damnit put me down you oaf."

"Never. I'll never let you down."

We make it to my maroon Hellcat Dodge Charger and put Clem in the passenger seat before sprinting to the drivers side. I slide in, put on my shades and hand Clem her aviators. I turn on the CD player that's blasting AC/DC and turn towards Clementine.

"Are you ready, my beautiful wife?"

"I'm always ready for you, my handsome husband."

I give her one last kiss before putting the car into drive and do a burnout before riding off into the sunset.