I'd Come For You

The days started going by faster with every month that passed. It has been 5 months since I first spoke to people and life has been good and fun. The winter weather started rolling in and so did other people. We now almost have a community and we all live in a suburb. There are 8 houses and each has at least 4 bedrooms. Javi and I gathered some of the other men to build a wall made from car hoods and tin roofs that surrounded the houses.

The muertos have been a bit of a problem but, after a great suggestion from Clem, we managed to make a telecom system in a building about 10 miles from us. We play loud rock music there after the walkers start gathering at our walls and they head towards the music and they forget about us.

In the middle of the houses, we have a huge dining hall where we gather to eat every night. Everyone knows everyone by now and it's like we're one big family. Rick's group decided to join ours after their settlement was destroyed by a bad storm. So, here are the couples and families. Rick and Michonne are together and their kids are Judith and Carl. Carl is with a blonde headed girl named Beth. Beth has a sister, Maggie, who is with Glenn. Daryl is alone but, I'm pretty sure he has a thing for Carol. Rick said he had more people but, they died before his settlement and I didn't ask anymore questions. There was also a couple of teenage guys my age that were by themselves and joined us. Their names are Kevin and Nick.

Here are the sleeping arrangements. In house 1 there is Javi, Kate, and Mariana. In house 2 there is Rick, Michonne, and Judith. In house 3 there is Glenn and Maggie. In house 4 there is Daryl and Carol. In house 5 there is Carl and Beth. In house 6 there is Kevin and Nick. In house 7 there is Jesus, Tripp, Eleanor, and Ava. Their always out on runs so, they don't mind staying together. And finally in house 8 is me, Clem, and AJ.

I know what you're thinking. I must be doing stuff with her and getting busy. Well I'll tell you dirty motherfuckers right now that is not the case. I wanted to live with her to help with AJ and give her a break from being a mother at such a young age. We occasionally kiss and things get heated before we hear AJ crying out for one of us. I always offer to get him and rock him back to sleep before Clem can protest. By the time I go back to her room she is passed out and I place her in her bed before going to my room. We sleep in separate rooms because we would give my parents a heart attack if we didn't. They already flipped shit about us living together so, it was the least we could do.

We take turns going on runs with the others while the other stays and watches AJ so, we won't distract each other. But, when Clem went on a run this morning I knew something felt strange. She wasn't alone and went with Kevin to a town about 5 miles away. I didn't know what was wrong and just shook off the feeling, going back to feeding AJ and continuing the day. However, when Javi bursted through my front door I knew something was wrong.

"Gabe I need you to listen to me. Kevin just came back. Without Clem. He said they were overrun by walkers and he barely managed to get out but, Clem didn't get out and ran off to some shack. Kevin said it was broken into and he could hear Clem screaming your name and then it was quiet. I'm sorry Gabe."

Everything went on deaf ears as I stopped listening after hearing Clem called out for me. I quickly packed a bag and told Javi to watch AJ before taking off to find Kevin. I found him in the medical center being cared for by Eleanor and shoved him against his bed.

"WHY THE FUCK DID YOU LEAVE HER? WHY DIDN'T YOU HELP HER? I OUTTA BEAT THE SHIT OUT OF YOU BUT I'M GOING TO GET CLEM SO SHE CAN DO IT HERSELF!"

I let him fall back and give him one last go to hell look before heading towards the gate. I have Tripp map out where they went exactly before I head out.

It's beginning to get dark outside when I reach the shopping center they were scavenging through. I kill a couple of walkers with my knife before I start searching for Clem. I don't want to attract anymore walkers so I have to search with my eyes and flashlight. I spend an hour looking through the stores before making my way to the back outside. It's pitch black and need to hurry up before I become walker dinner. I glance around and see a small, wooden shack that Kevin was talking about. There are about a dozen walkers in the shack that I have to lure out and take out one by one. I'm covered in muerto blood afterwards and scan the inside of the shack. Everything is wrecked and my stomach churns at the sight of a torn up body that is too damaged to identify.
But, I see a closet door that is closed and has multiple scratches from muertos wanting in it. I take a deep breath before opening it.

"AHHHHH!!!"

"CLEM! WAIT!"

It's too late as she tackles me to the ground with a knife to my neck. She is straddling my chest and very close to slitting my neck before recognition passes her eyes and she drops the knife.

"Gabe!"

Clem pulls me into a kiss and I sit up with her still straddling me. Clem pulls back only to pull me into a hug.

"You came for me."

"I'll always come for you, Clementine."

I stand up first and notice her struggling to stand. Clem looks embarrassed at me before explaining she twisted her ankle when diving into the closet. I give a laugh and gather her things onto my back before picking her up bridal style. She gives a squeal when I literally sweep her off her feet and wraps her arms around my neck.

"Ready?"

"I'm always ready for you, Gabriel."

I turn bright red from her statement and she just laughs. We spend the journey with me telling Clem how my life was before the dead started rising. I finish my story and start humming to her, making her nod off and sleep the rest of the way.

I would say it was about 10 or 11 at night when we finally reached home and I wait outside the gate for them to open it. Tripp shines a light on me and instantly opens up the doors and closing them behind us. I walk to the medical center and place Clem into one of the cots before going to find Eleanor. Eleanor wraps up Clem's ankle and I take her back to our house. There's a note on our front door that catches my attention.

To Gabe and Clem:
We took AJ for the night because we figured you guys would need to get your rest. We'll be over in the morning to check in on you guys.

P.S. Don't do anything I wouldn't do, Gabe ;)
Love, Kate & Javi

At the bottom of the note is a condom taped to it. The amount of blood rushing to my face is making me light headed and I take the note and condom before throwing open the door. I carry Clem inside and throw the note and condom in the kitchen trashcan before making my way upstairs to Clem's room. I place her in bed and take off her shoes, jacket, socks, and hat. With a kiss on the forehead and I turn to leave when a tug on my jacket stops me.

"Gabe, don't leave me alone."

I stop and think about it before saying fuck it and taking off my clothes. Stripping down to my boxers and white shirt because I get hot while sleeping. I climb in beside Clem and pull her close. She snuggles right up to me and I drift off into sleep.