Chaper 2 Back

Rumple POV

I watch her dance around the kitchen in her yellow night dress, attempting a fry up.
When did she get so...so, well beautiful? She always has been, inside and out, but every time I see her, she just... she makes me speechless.

"Toast!" Belle squeals as the smell of burning over powers the smell of frying bacon.
I laugh fondly as I watch her struggle to pick up the hot toast, her cheeks flushed and pink.
With a flick of my wrist the blackened toast was on the kitchen counter.

"No! Stop, stop! I can do this, I...I...can't do this..." she gave up, sinking into the other kitchen chair beside me.
I rub her back comfortingly and say, "It's fine, Belle, I'll fix it darling," as I get up and throw the toast into the bin.
"I'm hopeless, this isn't how it's supposed to be! I'm supposed to be cooking a lovely fry up for my lovely boyfriend and it's supposed to be lovely!"
"And it is! Now, how about coffee and cake at granny's?" I say kissing her on the forehead.
"Fine! But I will master this cooking business...I'll go get changed," she sighed, running up the stairs.

She returned 2 minutes later, in a blue dress, hair brushed and I think some makeup had been applied? I tell her time and time again that she doesn't need it, but she won't listen.
"Ready?" she smiles, slipping on her matching blue heels.
"When you are," I replied, grabbing my coat.

Ah Storybrooke. I never thought I'd miss walking down this road, but I guess I do.
This is perfect, Belle by my side and nowhere I need to be.

We turn the corner and I see the familiar site of my little shop. My haven in all the madness.
"You carry on Belle, I just need to do something in the shop, I'll be right with you," I say taking my arm from around her shoulders.
"Oh okay, anything I can help with?" Belle asked hopefully.
"Unfortunately, no... it won't take long I promise," I say holding her face in my hands.
Her eyes sadden a little but I know she's not upset with me.
I feel the sudden urge to kiss her, and I do.
As our lips touch she combs her fingers through my hair, then wraps her arms around my shoulders as if she would never let me go. Believe me I don't want to, but the sooner I get to the shop, leaving her on her own, the sooner I can get back to her, back to my Belle.

Belles POV

He pulled away much sooner then I wanted but, I miss that so much. I've missed his hand brushing my face, his lips touching mine, but now I have him back and I won't let him go again.

I wonder what he has to do in the shop...why can't I help? Is he keeping something thing from me, already? No, he wouldn't do that....

I carry on my journey alone and arrive at Granny's within 2 minutes.
As I walk in I am greeted by Ruby's excited face, which soon leads me over to mine and Rumples favourite booth and takes my order.
"2 coffee's and umm... 2 blueberry muffins please," I smiled up at her, knowing they where Rumples favourites,
"Got it, and what is Mr Gold having?" Ruby jokes, jotting it down in her notepad.
I laughed shaking my head, you could always count on Ruby to make me laugh.
"Speaking of Gold, where is he?" Ruby asks hands on hips.
"Oh he just stopped at the shop quickly, he'll be here any minute," I reply.
"Right..." She says uncertainly, "I'll be back soon with your order'"she finished as she walked away towards the counter.

I'm trying not to think about it but, what he's doing? Should I be concerned? Will he tell me? If he doesn't then I'll know he's hiding something...hopefully I'm just over analysing this. He wouldn't lie to me. He wouldn't...

Rumples POV

The old bell rang as soon as I opened the door. I used to find it annoying, but now, slightly comforting. As I walk I slide my fingers across the gleaming glass counters, filled with the exact same things as before. I don't know why I'm expecting anything to have changed as it seems the only other person who has been in here was Belle. She's tidied a bit, that's what I love about her, she doesn't have to do things like this but she does. So selfless.

I don't really know why I came, I told Belle I had something to do, but the truth is, I don't. I just wanted to see it. My shop. My - wait. What's this? As I walk over to the till, I notice a small piece of paper stuck to it.
Cautiously, I take it off and unfold it.