Chapter 11 Explanation

Rumples POV

"Rumple?"

A sweet voice questioned, as the shop bell rang.

"Belle, sweetheart," I say lifting back the curtain from the back room, making my way towards her.

"You're here," she smiled.

I frown slightly.

"Of course, where else?" I laugh.

"Oh nowhere..." She smiled back.

"So, I uh... I found something, something odd, this morning?" She said continued, leaning back on one if the glass counters.

My heart started to beat a little faster.

"Oh really?" I say, trying to sound casual.

"Yeh..." She came toward me and held my hand. What is she about to tell me?

"Look, don't freak out but...I think someone broke into the library..." She bit her lip, nervous for my reaction.

"What?!"

"Don't get angry! It's probably nothing, but I , I found this note,"

Dear god no. They're not trying to get to Belle too.

"It wasn't in my handwriting and I'd never seen it before, and I checked it's not a book, it was in my filing, right at the top..." She sighed, relived to have got it off her chest, but anxious about seeing what I would do.

No. I will not have this. No-one messes with me or my Belle.

"Was there just the one or have you had more? Belle, please if you have had more tell me, you need to tell me about these things?!" I almost shout.

As soon as I said it, I regretted it. I was hiding something from her, how could I expect her to be so faithful.

She ripped her hands away from mine.

"Me hiding something?! Me Rumple?! I'm not the one going behind your back, having secret meet ups and numerous phone calls with the sheriff," she gasped, her cheeks red, shocked by her sudden outburst.

So she did know. Maybe not all of it, but she knew I was hiding something.

Why wasn't I more careful? I can't lose her over this!

"Well?" She said, tears of anger? Sadness? Start forming in her big eyes.

"Belle, I'm sorry, I, I'm only trying to protect you," I say strongly.

"By shutting me out? Well I know, I'm not as stupid as everyone thinks!" She yells, tears streaming.

"Nobody thinks you're stupid, you-" I try and grab her arm but she pulls back.

"Right, that's why no-one tells me anything, that's why YOU won't tell me anything! Don't you trust me?"

Her last words cut in me like a knife.

Of course I do. I trust her more than anyone I've ever met.

"Belle please, just, just listen, okay?" I say finally getting close to her. I tuck her hair behind her ear, trying to calm her down.

"I didn't tell you because, I, need you Belle," I started to tear up.

"If something ever happened to you, I'd lose apart of me. I'd lose everything. I don't want you getting hurt, I love you," I say stroking her cheek with the back of my fingers. I know she loves it when I do that.

Finally calmed down, she puts her hand on my fingers.

"If you really do, just tell me."

*****************************************************************

So did you like this chapter? It's very short but very meaningful! I've written so much and the main thing the story is about hasn't happened yet! But I hope everyone is enjoying it and please comment on how you think it's going and where you think it's possibly going? Thank you so much for reading :)