Chapter 19 Loss

Rumples POV

Rolling over onto my side, I reach out smoothing the sheet.

I go to put my hand on her shoulder.

And then I remember.

I remember her terrified screams.

Her cries, pleading them to let her go.

The sound of her light body being dragged away.

The silence that was left.

The hole in my heart.

I gasp for air.

It all rushed back far too quickly, leaving me breathless.

Sitting up, I rub my sore eyes. I open them to see her dress, hanging on the front of our wardrobe.

Almost in a trance, I get up and walk towards it. Gently picking it up, I sink back onto the end of my bed - our bed. I deflate and bury my face in it. It smells like her...

The pain in my chest just keeps getting worse and worse.

I feel like my heart is breaking over and over again.

I can't go a minute without thinking about her.

Can't even say her name...

Ghost like, I walk into the bathroom and switch on the shower. I rip off my nightshirt, catching my reflection in the mirror.

It's only been a day since she's gone and look at me. I'm not mr gold anymore.

How can I be when she's not here?

My stubble was starting to form a beard. If Belle was here she'd make me shave. I laugh as I think of what she'd say.

"Rumple! You're all....prickly!!" She would squeal, pulling away from me, giggling.

"Go shave!!"

"Why?" I would sigh, smiling.

"Because, I want smooth kisses not scratchy ones," she would say, pretending to be annoyed.

Laughing, I would reach out my arms and pull her close before she got too far away, smothering her in kisses.

She would scream with laughter, trying to protect herself with her shoulders.

Loosing our balance, we would fall onto the bed, in fits of unstoppable laughter....

Suddenly I was back, back in my bathroom.

No laughter, no Belle.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Poor Rumple:'( I promise the story will get going soon, I just wanted to show some of rumples emotions. Comment who you think Belles kidnapper/s is/are and if you are enjoying it:)

(Who's your favourite OUAT character?)

Thank you:)