Chapter 3 Normal?

Belles POV

"Anyone sitting here?"
I look up, Rumple.
"Actually, yes, yes there is... A tall, toned man with-" his face saddened as he realised he was none of those things.
"I'm kidding," I smile, grabbing his hand and pulling him into the seat opposite me.

"Here you go, 2 coffees and 2 blueberry muffins," Ruby smiled, cheerily sliding the tray onto our table.
"Thank you Ruby, ohh they look great!" I say digging into my muffin.
"Why thank you I made them myself yesterday," Ruby smiled, proud of herself.
"They look great thank you," Rumple says, picking up his coffee.
"Hmm..." She scowled at him.

I don't understand why people still treat him as if he's the bad guy. He has done so much to protect this town and the people in it, they should be more grateful...

"Do everything you needed to at the shop?" I asked taking another bite out of my muffin.
"Yes, though I should probably go back later and sort a few more things out," he replied.
"Oh..."
I finally got him back and all he wants to do is sort out the shop. There's plenty of time for that, but I guess I can't keep him all to myself. That would be amazing...

"Belle? Are you okay?" he asked, resting his hand on mine.
"Mh...yes..." I try and convince him.
"I can tell you're not, what's wrong?" he squeezed my hand lovingly.
"Oh it's nothing, silly really... I....I just thought we would,I dunno, spend the day together..." I say looking down into my lap.
"If that's what you want," he smiled.

That's what I want more than anything. I never want to spend another minute apart, but I have to be realistic.

"No, no it's fine, you have a business to run and I'm sure there is something needing to be done at the library and besides, there's plenty of time for us to spend time together," I smiled returning the squeeze.
Now it was his turn to look in his lap.
"I know Belle, but if you...."
"No! It's fine! Rumple, I'm not going anywhere," I cut him off, looking deep into his sad brown eyes.

"Neither am I."

Rumple POV

It breaks my heart leaving her, but I have to find out who sent that note. I don't think Belle knew anything was up, she doesn't need to worry...

As I slide the key into the shop door, a hand taps me on the shoulder.
Ruby.
"Can I help you dearie?" I ask, in the hope she could tell by the tone of my voice I was busy.
"Yes, well kind of. Look, i care about Belle and I know you do too but, I just don't want you hurting her, she might not have told you this or anyone for that matter, but she was a mess without you and I just," she looked me right in the eye, " I just don't want you to hurt her," and with that she span around tottered of back towards granny's in her red platforms.

Why would I want to hurt Belle? Never. Not intentionally.
I shrugged it off and walked into the shop.
I breathed in the familiar smell of wood polish and dust, god I've missed this place.

Now, the note.

"WELL LOOK WHO'S BACK

IF YOU ARE READING THIS THEN YOU WILL BE IN THE BARN YOU CALL A SHOP
TALKING OF YOUR SHOP, I'D HATE IT IF SOMETHING WENT MISSING"

It's not signed by anyone, but I will soon find out.

Nothing's missing, I checked earlier.

Looking around and there is no sign of a break in, how did they get it, who got it in? Hmm well whoever it was, they will be sorry....

Belles POV

I knew something was up as soon as he came in.
I'd watched him through the window as he walked towards granny's, he did not look happy. Maybe even slightly angry....
Well whatever he was feeling, whatever had happened, he didn't tell me. It can't be that serious, I'm sure he would have told me if it was.

Nevermind... I should probably get to the library, there's got to be something to do there. As I get up Ruby yells goodbye from the counter and I wave as I leave the diner. Wow, it's actually, sunny, but I'm glad I've got my cardigan on as the wind is a but nippy, good thing the libraries just over there.
After I grabbed the key from my purse, I stare over at the shop.
I wonder what he's doing.
I wonder if he'll tell me...

I shut the door behind me and stroll into the library.
Humming as I went along, I put my bag on my desk and picked up the pile of books to be put back.
Just forget about it Belle, he wouldn't hide anything from you...

Rumples POV

*ringadinggaringg*
"Gold?"
Emma Swan's voice travels towards me.
"Ah Emma, how can I be of service to you? Actually don't answer that, you owe me a favour," I smiled polishing some old rings.
"Hmm and you won't let me forget it will you," the sarcasm in her voice makes me laugh. No I will not let her forget as we made a deal.
"What do you want? It was you who rang me?"
"That's right I did, look at this," I say reaching underneath the till bringing out the note.
"I found it taped to my till this morning," I filled her in.
"Who's it from?" She takes it from me and starts to read.
"Well do you think you'd be hear if I knew?" Now it was my turn to be a little sarcastic.
She smirked and turned away from me, walking around, looking at the note as if she were trying to memorise it.
"Is there any signs of a break in?" she asked looking around.
"No, no signs at all, this is what confuses me the most...if it wasn't a break in, then it must be somebody we know, someone who comes into the shop regularly, someone Belle must have served..." I say putting the rings away, on their shelf.
"I'm guessing Belle, doesn't know about this?"
"Ah no...you're the first sheriff..."
"And I'm guessing by the look on you're face you don't want her finding out?" She quizzed, leaning on the counter nearest me.
"She mustn't find out, you understand?" I say sharply.
"For now... But if this puts her in any danger, she has the right to know," she said apologetically.
"That's why I called you so soon, it won't get to that."
No-one is going to hurt my Belle, nobody.
"Hmmm...well I'll take this back to the office, make a few phones calls to see if we can send it for finger prints, I'll call you if I find anything," she said heading toward the door.
"This is much appreciated - oh and miss Swan," I say just as she is about to close the door.
"Belle mustn't find out."
She nodded and then I was alone.