Chapter 36 Helpless

Rumples POV

All the colour drained from my face as I looked up into the grey sky.

There she was. Dangling in Gaston's arms, on the roof of the tall hospital.

What's he going to do?!

Oh why did I leave her by herself!

What the hell does he think he's going to do?!

Everyone's shouting up at him, but he's to high for us to reach as the wind drowns us out.

"GASTON STOP!" I roar as loud as I can.

I have to get up there, but the lift and stairs will be to slow. I have to save her.

"YOU CAN'T SAVE HER RUMPLESTILTSKIN - NOBODY CAN."

Gaston's voice bellowed down.

These words crushed me as I realised what he was going to do.

He was going to jump, he was going to jump with Belle.

I looked at Emma scared, I think she knows what he's going to do as she cups her hands around her mouth and shouts,

"DON'T DO ANYTHING STUPID GASTON, I'VE ALREADY CALLED FOR BACK-UP!"

As soon as she said that, I heard the wail of sirens swerving into the hospital car park.

The fire department.

"YOU CANT STOP ME," Gaston yelled, hugging Belle close.

I want to rip his head off. No-one apart from me should touch Belle like that - no-one.

But she's flat out. What has he done to her? Hit her over the head?! Chloroform?!

She needs to be in bed, her breathing could, it could go all....she could stop breathing...

Her white hospital rag amplified the purple and yellow bruises on her body. Her arms and legs dangled almost lifeless with her head resting on Gaston's shoulder. His arms were wrapped around her, his hand stroking her forehead.

DON'T TOUCH HER.

I want to scream it, but that might make things worse, not for me, for Belle.

Gaston noticed the fire engines and started walking toward the edge.

"NO STOP! STOP!" I scream raising my one hand, and the other gesturing for the firefighters to stop.

"IF ANYONE COMES UP HERE - I'LL JUMP."

His tone was strong, he wasn't lying.

I gasped looking around, a few of the fire-fighters kept walking toward the hospital.

"Please, please stop!" I begged breathless.

"What else are they supposed to do?!" Emma said, putting her hand on my shoulder.

"I...I...I..." I couldn't speak I was so scared.

If Gaston jumps, Belle goes with him. If Gaston dies, Belle dies too.

I fall to the floor, roughly scraping my fingers through my hair.

"WE NEED TO DO SOMETHING!" I almost cry.

"We will we will we just need to think about Belle, what's best for her..." Emma said, dragging me upwards - straightening me out.

I look up again.

He has his lips on her forehead, kissing her again and again and again.

"GET OFF HER!!" I scream, throwing myself forward.