Chapter 39 Safe

Rumples POV

I woke up to soft fingers slowly tracing my face.

Slowly I opened my eyes.

Belles beautiful blue eyes stare up at me.

I promised myself I wouldn't fall asleep. Something could have happened!

But nothing has...

She was crouched in front of the big round chair I had fallen asleep on beside her bed.

"Belle you should be in bed..." I whisper, as I hear the sound of her heart monitor.

She smiled and continued to stroke my face.

"I'm with you," she whispered back,

"I'm okay."

She leaned forward and her lips touched mine.

I had her back.

She stopped pausing for breath, our foreheads leaning on one another's.

"You don't have to...if it causes you to much pai-" I said, just incase she was uncomfortable.

She sat up and placed her hand on my cheek, telling me to stop talking.

She sighed sadly, but then smiled.

Again, she leaned forward and kissed me.

"You could never cause me pain..." She whispered.

She calmly climbed on me and curled herself around me, her head burrowed in my chest.

"I love you Belle, my darling Belle," I said stroking her hair.

No reply. She'd fallen asleep.

But I know that if she were awake - she would have said she loved me to.

Belles POV

I woke in a panic.

I clutch the bed sheets as my eyes search frantically to find Rumple.

He's not here?!

Where is he?!

Where....I started to panic even more.

But then I hear his voice.

I pull down one of the vertical blinds and see him talking to Dr Whale.

I breath a sigh of releif.

I'm safe...I'm safe.

Rumple puts his hand on Dr Whales shoulder and heads towards my room.

I hadn't realised before but, he was wearing my favourite tie. Deep purple.

He dragged a tired hand through his hair and it all fell down in messy flicks.

He's so handsome. I love him so much...

Before he reached my room i climbed back into bed.

He came in and tried to shut the door a quietly as he could behind him.

"Hi," I said.

He span around - suprised.

"Hey," he said happily, "you're awake!"

"Mh uh," I smiled.

"That's great, I have some good news," he laughed sitting on the edge of my bed, taking my hand.

"I had a chat with Dr Whale and, you're free to come home," he said, he couldn't contain his happiness.

Home.

A place I've missed it so much...

It makes me so happy that Rumple thinks of his house as my home as well.

"But- you have to take it easy, really easy. You've been through something truly terrible so you need all the rest and support you can get, and I am fully prepared to give you that. Belle - I'm going to spend my every waking moment making sure that you are safe, healthy and happy my darling," he said brushing a curl behind my ear.

"But your busy with the shop and-"

"The shop can wait."

He was giving everything up, for me.

I grabbed his hand that was placed against my cheeks.

"Thank you..." I choked.

"It would be my pleasure, now - let's gets you home."

--------------------------------------------

Hey guys!

So only a few chapters to go!

Tell me what you've thought about this books and what you would like to see in the sequel?

Thank you!

Amy:-)