Chapter 14

"Ayano what happened in Info-chan's room." You kept your voice to a whisper hoping no other students were listening to your conversation. The teacher had to step out of the classroom to attend to some personal business. The other students in the class including you and Ayano took that opportunity to chat. "I can't tell you. Info-chan told me not to tell you. Don't worry nothing bag happened. One thing though, be careful of the headmaster. I saw the way he was looking at you in the courtyard. He's a dangerous man."

"Wait where were you? I didn't see you in the courtyard."

"Maybe you didn't look hard enough." After that, she never said anything else. She ignored any other questions you asked and pretended like you weren't there. She faced forward and studied the board as if it was suddenly interesting. She left you alone with your wild thoughts and racing questions.

The teacher quickly came back in and apologized. The rest of the class quickly quiet down as she continued the lesson without any delay.

Finally, the bell had rung. That class felt like forever. You started packing up and saw Ayano walk out of the class not waiting for you. Why did she leave without waiting for me? She knows we have lunch, right?

You quickly got your things and raced out of the classroom after her. You saw her turn a corner down the hall and ran after her.

You turned the corner and didn't see her. "She must've known I was running after her." Luckily for you, the occult club was right next to you with their doors wide open. You walked in hoping the occult kids had seen Ayano walk back. None of them paid attention to the sudden visitor. Not even the club leader was here. "Hey have you guys seen Ayano?"

"Down the hall, up the stairs, on the roof with Oka." You were surprised that one of them answered. They all were glued to their books. You quickly thanked them and took the stairs next to the room and ran up to the roof. You busted through the doors and scanned the roof quickly. Your eyes landed on Ayano and Oka. Oka was trapped in a corner, obviously uncomfortable. You made your way over.

Ayano looked back at you, her eyes wide. "Ayano!!!" You called after her as she jumped off the side of the roof. You ran over and peered over the side to see her land in a tree before jumping down from it and running. You turned to Oka and handed her bag. "Here please take this and hold on to it. I'll be back for it Oka. Also if you're looking for your missing occult book it's in my class." Oka thanked you and took the bag before running off. You copied Ayano's steps and jumped from the roof and onto the tree before landing on the ground. "Where the fuck did she go?" You looked to your right to see Ayano running. Someone was in front of her. "Who is she chasing?"

You ran after Ayano hoping to catch up with her. She was already miles ahead of you. This felt like a police chase except you were the cop chasing after her victims. 

Ayano and the person in front of you took a sharp turn. You finally caught a glimpse of the person in front of her. Nemesis! You sped up your pace quickly reaching Ayano. She looked over at you surprised. "What are you doing here?"

"Chasing after you what does it look like I'm doing. I'm chasing after squirrels and fucking girls 24/7." A little chuckle came from her. "Why are you chasing after Nemesis?" Nemesis took another turn making the both of you do the same.

"She has Amai." Oh hell no!!  "Fuck that no one takes my friend and tries to get away from it!! NEMESIS!!!" She turned around looking at you before hopping the fence. You did the same and chased after her, becoming faster than Ayano. You were in full pursuit after Nemesis. You never tripped like she did a couple of times. Adrenaline filled your body as you thought of taking down Nemesis and finding Amai. Why would she do something like this? What's her motive? What is she trying to prove? She's never going to win my love over this.

Nemesis tripped once more, her pace slowing down. You caught up with her and dropped kicked her in the face just as she turned around. "Fuck you, that's what you get for kidnapping my friend!!" You walked over to her and pulled her up by her collar. "Tell me where the fuck Amai is now!!" She didn't answer you only smiling, laughing as if this was an entire joke. "Stop laughing." Tears started coming out of your eyes as the thought of Amai hurt inside a basement filled your mind. "Tell me where she is." This time it wasn't you who spoke, it was Ayano.

Nemesis' smile slowly faded as she looked at Ayano. "Let me handle this y/n. She's not intimidated by you." You harshly dropped Nemesis to the ground. Her elbow hit the ground first, bouncing off the pavement, making her hand hit her in the face. You leaned against a nearby wall catching your breath. Who knew I was this athletic? Not me.

"Are you okay y/n?" This voice wasn't Ayano's and certainly not Nemesis. You looked up to see Info-chan offering you a water bottle. You took it and chugged it down. "I'm fine." You wiped your face and watched Ayano and Info-chan handle Nemesis. She was obviously scared of the both of them. Her knees were slightly shaking under her as if she was a deer about to get attacked by predators. Yeah, that's what it was. Nemesis was the deer cowering in fear and Ayano and Info-chan were her predators. You, on the other hand, you weren't Nemesis' predator but definitely an attacker of other animals. At any point in time, you could attack whoever, not afraid.

"Let's take this elsewhere. People will be walking here soon." Info-chan turned to Ayano before looking at you. You nodded and followed them somewhere. Ayano walked next to you while Info-chan walked up front dragging Nemesis by the ear as if she was her mother. You reached a white house with a white picket fence surrounding it. Funny.

Info-chan opened the front door and let you and Ayano enter first. She entered after and shut and lock the door. "She's in the basement. Black framed door." Info-chan brought Nemesis to another part of the house. You looked around the first floor trying to find the door Info-chan mentioned.

You found the door and swung it open. The smell from the basement flooded your nose. It was very dusty down there. The lights weren't on and you couldn't find the light switch. You looked at Ayano. "I can't find the light switch."

"Just follow the stairs. It'll turn on. I'll wait for you up here."

"Wait, what?" She didn't say anything else. "Did you know about this?" She shook her head. "Info-chan told me earlier. She's waiting for you now go." Ayano pulled you towards her, putting her lips onto yours. She pushed you away into the dark basement before closing the door.

Ayy I'm going to be that one author and leave you on a fucking cliff hanger. Fight me see you next week bitches!!