Chapter 16

You tried your best to land on your feet as you were falling. Were there even stairs here? Finally your body touched the ground. It didn't hurt as much as you thought it would but their would definitely be a small bruise on your left arm. As you continued to lay on the floor the lights turned on. I guess their automatic lights. You pulled yourself up into a sitting position and looked around the entire room. There was a huge tube full of a green liquid and Amai was in it with tubes sticking out of her. Her eyes were open and she was looking at you. She looked different but you knew that was the real Amai. You slowly got up and walked over to her cautiously afraid of what was next. "Amai?" A small smile tugged at her lips. "Yeah it's me."

"Are you okay, what happened to you?" She looked away from you, not wanting to speak. She knew she had to tell, she couldn't leave you in the dark with all the racing questions. "I'm fine I guess in a way. But I'm not what I used to be. I'm not the Amai you used to know. I'm-" She took a long sigh before finishing what she was going to say originally-"different."

"You're not." You try to reassure her but fail in the process. "I am. This is not my real body." She pointed to a table. On the table was what looked like a body covered under a white sheet. "That is." You walked towards it. You felt your heart beating rapidly. At any moment now, if it were possible, your heart would pop out of your chest. You removed the top half of the sheet to see the bloody face of a young girl. About the same age as you. Her face was distorted as if someone smashed her face in. "What happened to her?" You didn't want to face Amai. "She-well I died in a car accident. The police labeled it as an accident but it wasn't. She killed me." Behind you, you heard Amai choke up, tears threatening to spill out. "Who's she?" Finally you turned around and faced her. "My sister. Nemesis."

You balled your hands into fists. "Is that why she wanted to kidnap you?! Just to kill you all over again!! Why did she kill you in the first place?!" You shouted all of that at the top of your lungs. Surely the other inhabitants in the house had heard you. Every sentence you shouted made Amai flinch. "Why did she kill you?" You repeated but in a quiet voice, slowing your words down. "I got in the way of her plans. When I was alive in my real body she was murdering people. I saw her murder a good friend of mine and I tried to escape but she killed me before I could. Luckily I was still alive, my father transported my brain into the body of Nemesis' victims. I took the dead girl's name. No one except me, my father and Nemesis knew she was dead. I acted as her and faked my way through it. It was hard to get used to. My old memories got taken over by my new memories. But that one memory of Nemesis killing is still there. I will never forget that day she wanted to kill her own sister." By now Amai was crying. "What was your name before?"

"That's not important. Just keep calling me Amai. I may not be the real one but-" She never finished what she was going to say. You didn't know what to say either. Your mind was racing with even more questions and the intel you got from Amai. "I need to take care of some things. I'll be back Amai." You cover the body back up again and head up the stairs. Slamming the door open, you head for the kitchen and open up every cabinet just to find a weapon. "Where are the knives in this fucking house?!" Ayano stood off to the side, carefully watching you. "Are you angry?"

You slowly turned around and faced her. "Am I angry?! Am I angry!? Of course I'm fucking angry, just to find out one of my friends is not really who they say they fucking are. Ayano tell me where the knives are-" You choked up on your words-"Please."

"The only cabinet you didn't open." You mouthed the word thank you before looking in the last cabinet. You took the sharpest knife and headed towards Ayano. "Where are they?" Ayano pointed towards the stairs without looking towards it, as if she had the whole layout of the house embedded into her brain. "What are you going to do?"

"Possibly kill her. I don't know. I just," You made a stabbing motion."need to stab her, that's all."

You advanced even closer to Ayano and pulled her down by the collar of her shirt and kissed her. "I'll be back, okay?" She nodded. "It's funny how we switched places. I've no became the psycho and you've become the silent bystander. When this over, it'll go back to normal, right?" Ayano shrugged. "No one else will know about this hopefully. I love you." She kissed you on the forehead before letting you head upstairs. The entire walk upstairs, your hands were shaking as you rotated the knife over and over. You walked to the door of the last room, where the talking was coming from. You slowly turned the door knob and pushed the door open. Info-chan turned to face you. Her hands were covered in blood, Nemesis' blood. Her face was bloody to show that it was her blood that covered Info-chan's wrists. "You can take over. Be careful though." Info-chan left you alone in the room with Nemesis who was currently tied tightly in a chair. Her wrists were already bloody, the rope had dug into them. "Are you going to kill me?"

You looked down at the knife in your hand before looking up at her. "Maybe. You did some bad things Nemesis and I'll never forget them. You tried to kill your sister."

"That's not my sister, that's not her body. She was supposed to die with her body."

"Well her body is a mess because of you. You didn't have to kill those innocent people and here we are. Amai didn't do anything wrong. She doesn't deserve to die. Why?"

"Because those people that are dead deserved to die. I will kill Amai when I get out of these fucking bonds." She started rocking the chair from side to side and tried to free her hands. Now should be your time to shine. Your time to hurt her, to get revenge for Amai. But you couldn't, you just gripped the knife in your hand and watched her struggle. 

You have to do it now or you'll never get the chance to do it. You approached her cautiously hoping the bonds won't break now. She stopped struggling and let you advance. "Do it, you won't. You won't." She teased and mocked you. You raised the knife higher and held it in the air. "Do it." Her words were rough and slow.

You brought the knife down and stabbed in the eye. You twisted it around, making her scream more and louder. "Shut the hell up." You punched her in the mouth making her shut up. She looked down at the ground with blood dripping from her eye and mouth. During her screams, you didn't hear the door open. Ayano and Info-chan were standing at the door watching you breath up and down heavily. It was your first time stabbing someone, your first time hurting someone physically. You held her face up and forced her to look at you. Her mouth was quivering, she wanted to scream again but she didn't. She was finally afraid of you, afraid of what you were capable of. "If you ever come near me or Ayano or Amai ever again, I will kill you myself without anyone's help. I may not look like I'm capable of doing but I will no matter what." You dropped her head and walked out of the room with Ayano. She closed the door behind the two of you.

Neither one of you headed towards the stairs, you stood in the hallway silently. You were facing away from Ayano, shaking. You heard her walk towards you with soft steps. She slowly wrapped her arms around you and rested her head on your shoulder. "It's okay, you did what you had to. Everything will be fine, so will Amai."

You two stood there for the next two minutes before heading downstairs.

"What about Amai?" Ayano had open the door and was standing outside, waiting for you to follow her. "She'll be alright, Info-chan will take care of her. Let's go to your house." You nodded and followed her outside, this time it was you who closed the door. 

"I need to get my things from Oka, we practically ditched school." The both of you entered your house, with the magic of a bobby pin. "You'll get your things tomorrow. Oka's a good girl, be glad it wasn't her in Amai's situation."

"But-" Ayano silenced you with tip of her finger. "Oka would not be able to handle the stress and trauma of seeing a past life of hers. Amai is a strong girl. She'll handle it fine. Let's go to bed, you're tired." You didn't protest as Ayano picked you up bridal style and headed upstairs to your bedroom. "I love you Ayano." You snuggled yourself into her body as she laid down with you. "I love you too, y/n."