Chapter XIX

Chapter Nineteen | Appointment
_____

One Month Later..

A full month and some days in Italy has been. . boring. Being eight weeks and some days pregnant doesn’t give me a lot of things to do with Delano staring at me with his potent eyes and Kyri pestering behind me, it was kind of funny, she seemed way younger than I; though she was speaking like a mother hen would.

I’v come accustomed to the routine I played in, eat, try and get some sleep, walk around, explore, read and repeat. As the days grew longer I felt bigger, my stomach grew to where you could really tell I was eating for two. My back was beginning to curve inward, and my belly protruding more, though a lot more things were bothering me with the new development.

I groan, wincing as I cup my sore breasts. I press my thumbs into the side of them, while the other fingers knead the top of my breasts. I try to find relief in the slight massage to my breast but all I felt was a stinging pain. Releasing them I drop my hands to my side, leaning my head back.

“Was there a reason you just did that?”

I jump, snapping my head forward to see Abel standing in front of the coffee table by the table. I exhale a heavy breath.

“Jesus, please don’t pop up on me again,” I say, placing a hand on my chest.

I could see the mirth swimming in his light eyes as he leaned his weight on his hip. “So, about rubbing the girls?” he tilts his head, raising his brows.

I push myself straighter on the couch cushion, my cheeks bursting into flames. “Uh, they’re sore and hurt, so I wanted to. .” I trail off, averting my gaze.

His laughter rings through the air and my face heats up more while I begin to sputter out another response.

“Why am I even telling you this? What are you doing here?”

He gestures toward the ongoing Tv with his hand, “Doing what you do, entertaining myself.”

I hum, looking back at the television than at the enhance to the living room. “Where’s Delano?” I ask, already getting ready to stand.

“Where he usually is; the library,” Abel replies, staring at the screen that projected a flurry of images.

“Alright, thanks,” I say I make my way to the exit.

Abel throws his hand up and takes a seat in where I was originally sitting at and I make my way down the familiar path to the library. I enter the spacious room, scanning the seats and zeroed my gaze on the mop of light brown hair bent over gazing down at the coffee table surface, as I moved closer I see papers spread out.

“Delano.” I call out.

He lifts his head and stares; a slight twitch of his brows upward makes me continue. I shift a bit closer, standing to the side of a cream patterned chair and look down at the papers that were nothing, but business forms and information. Returning my gaze to his, I see Delano already staring at me intensely causing me to wet my lips.

“Uh, sorry for bothering you,” I whisper, “But I was wondering when I was going to that appointment you spoke of?” I ask, hand subconsciously going down to my stomach.

He stayed silent for a second before speaking, “It starts in an hour. I was actually coming to get you and tell you to get ready.”

I jerk in surprise, “Oh, uh, okay. I’ll go get ready now,” I say, backing away, planting one foot behind the other.