Chapter LV

Chapter Fifty-Five | Royals
_________

Panic settles deep in my bones at my own question, my gaze instantly swings around in the direction that Victoria had shot off to; I know where she was headed.

"The twins," I mumble.

"What?" Abel frowns, turning his full attention toward me.

"The twins!" I say louder, my knees trembling and knocking together with uncontrollable emotions, "Oh god, she's after the twins."

Suddenly previous conversations with Delano begin prob at my mind, zipping and mingling together in a tight-rope of words.

". . .I'm what you call a Pureblood."

"Purebloods harbor powers that are passed down from generation to generation, just like genes are, some can skip a generation and others can be given back to back."

"There are people out to get me for simply being who I am. . ."

Soon everything clicks, snapping and locking into place as I look around at the hideous faces that surround us both. They weren't here for me, they were simply given the order to eliminate me from the equation so the person behind it all can go after what they came for. Being offsprings from a not only a pureblood but a royal, the twins were easy targets since they weren't able to get the real deal. I hoped to God or whoever will answer my plea that Kyri was able to hide away.

"Who?" Abel speaks, breaking me from my thoughts, "Victoria?"

"Yes! Her! She's after them," I hiss, my being vibrating with rage and anxiousness.

Just saying that woman's name started a chain reaction. The creature closest to me launched itself forward, a black blur filling my peripheral view as Abel slams his fist into the creatures cheek and sending it flying back to the others; all falling like pins at a bowling alley. Their hisses and small screeches fill our ears as they all come at once, closing in on us like a swarm of bees. Abel steps back, bumping into my arm.

"Get ready," he growls before jumping headlong.

The first in his path was dead in a second with his hand shoved through its chest while the other rips off its head. Blood sprays everywhere, coating the front of his body and face making his fangs more promptly than ever before, there was a gleam in his eyes after he jerked his hand back.

I didn't get to analyze him any longer, movement from the side of me caught my attention as I move away. Another creature had its target on me, snarling its aggression at me before pouncing without a moment's hesitation, I duck and glide opposite of its side with grace with a few quick blurred steps; with Abel at my side, fighting these things with me I couldn't help the boosted energy and slight increase in confidence at my abilities.

I didn't waste another minute with the thing as I whirled around, its reaction slow before I plunged my hand through the center of its chest, clawing my way to the other side, a beating organ within my clutches. The body drops to my feet, dead, my fingers slowly uncurling from around the creature's heart as I step up to the body and drive the heel of my bare feet down with uncontained strength, snapping the neck.

I'm unsure of how long this brawl lasted, it got to the point no matter how many we killed and ripped the heads off of they continued to come from the depths of the woods and shrink the circle they had made around us. Both Abel and I were back to back, covered in blood, some of our own and some from the night terrors, both of us were breathing heavily from excessive force and effort to get rid of these things but nothing seemed to work as the bodies began to pile.