Chapter XXI

Chapter Twenty-One | Getting You Home
_________

The air was clouded with my fear as I stared up into those frightening blood red eyes.

They stared down into my soul, glowing brightly in the room's light, I could see my reflection perfectly through them; I was staring fearfully at the man standing above me, my hair splayed out around my head, disheveled and frizzy, while his large hand was clamped over my mouth.

I blinked when he suddenly moved.

With his body leaning over mine, pinning my form to the flatbed, he leaned his face closer toward mine, those eyes growing closer to the point where I almost crossed eyed.

"It's great to finally see you. . Kaitlyn." he grinned, his fangs winking at me in the light.

The unknown man gazed down at me with a wicked glint in his eyes, they trailed down from my face to my chest and down my body before they landed on my stomach.

His grin turned sinister. "So it is true," he laughs, "You are carrying the child of Delano Vaughn, a mere human."

He laughs some more, throwing his head back like he's been told a hilarious joke and I begin to wonder why I'm just laying completely still underneath the monster. As that thought passes through my mind, I bare my teeth and catch one of his meaty fingers and chomp down hard; to the point where I tasted blood.

He howls in pain, caught off guard as he jerks his hand away, removing the hand from my mouth. With both of my hands and built up strength, I push at his chest causing him to stumble back enough for me to slip from under him.

I scramble away, darting across the room and into the corner close to the door. My eyes flicker to the side toward the white wooden door before turning back to the glowing man, two times my height and weight.

"You bîtch!" he hisses, literally. He shakes his hand out, looking down at the 'damage' on his hand.

"Qui es-tu?" I question, holding my stomach protectively.

"What?" he growled, straightening and standing to his full height.

I realized that he didn't know French and I thank the heavens I pursued in learning a part of my family's side.

"Qu'est-ce que tu veux de moi?"

My feet shuffle in the direction of the door and the action doesn't go unnoticed by the sharp red eyes of the bulky man. He growls taking a step to me.

"You know what? I don't have time for this," he reaches behind him and pulls something out from his back pocket.

He held a syringe filled clear liquid, the needle glinted in the light, it taunted me worse than the fangs that belonged to the holder. Seeing the fear in the depths of my eyes, a smirk played on his lips.

"Time for bed." the guy says as he prowls forward.

My body works faster than my mind as I find myself sprinting to the door and swinging it open, I rush out, the silence of the hallway and whole building sending my nerves into a frenzy, I bolt to the side and rush down the pathway to the front of the building with one thought flickering in my head repeatedly.

'Find Delano.'

I didn't have a clue where he went but I knew I needed to find him, the sound of my shoes and a set of others echo in my ears, for some reason I knew he was playing with me; acting like I was actually getting away, making me taste the brick of freedom away from me. His laugh expressed it all.