Chapter 1

It was storming outside. Kaya and her skeletal twin brother, Cypress, sat at the window, hoping it would let up so they could go to school. Although everything isn't exactly going well there, their grades are very important to themselves and their parents, Sans and Frisk. Sans is a lazy skeleton with a very intelligent mind, although it's covered up by puns. Frisk is the well-known human who fell into the Underground and freed all the monsters trapped inside. Well, more like well-known with all the monsters and the human leaders on the surface.

It was dark, the clouds covering up the rising sun. Kaya blinked her eye. She was born with only being able to open one. Along with that, the white of her eye is black, and her eye color's an unnatural purple. She's pale, and has a purple tongue, but nothing else too out of the ordinary. Cypress' glowing white eyes were set on the street, watching the cars go by. As is usual with skeletons, their font that they speak are in their name. With Kaya and Cypress, their fonts are their middle names. Kaya's was Cambria while her brother's was Courier.

"Kaya, do you think Dad or Mom will drive us to school instead of us walking there?" Cypress asked suddenly.

Kaya pulled her purple jacket closer to herself, as though trying to warm up. "Maybe. But, maybe I should just teleport us there, instead of having them do anything."

"Pft, yeah sure. Maybe you should stop listening to Dad and actually work on your magic. No monster but Dad can teleport, and as we were told, teleporting is an expert type of magic to learn. No human could somehow learn an expert level of magic in such a short time. Especially since it's only been, how long since the monsters were released from the Underground? Nineteen years?"

When will you understand that I'm not like other humans? Or monsters for that matter? Kaya thought. Do you even know what I can do? ... Or what I am?

"what are you two doing, lounging about the window as if you have no other place to go?" A voice said behind them. Chills went down both of their spines, completely true now for both of them, and Cypress squeaked. While maintaining a human form naturally, Kaya has two forms, one of a human and the other a skeleton. Her eyes went dark, only for her glowing white eyes, like those of Cypress and Sans, to appear once she realized who it was.

"Dad! How dare you sneak up on us!"

"what's the matter?" Sans replied coolly. "wasn't it humerus?"

"Not when it's terrifying!" Her reply was backed up by her brother's shaky voice.

"Hey, Dad? Can you take us to school instead of us waiting for the bus or walking there?" Cypress asked.

"why can't your sister?" her father asked, worry slightly creeping into his voice.

"How is she suppose to get us to school without us getting too wet? Build bones over our heads?"

"not a bad idea, but do you not know?" He sat down at the dining room table, reaching into his jacket and retrieving a bottle of ketchup.

"Know what?" Cypress asked while Kaya said a barely audible, "No."

Sans sighed, taking a chug of ketchup. "alright," he said after he had gulped down the contents into his non-existent stomach. "i'll take ya to school, but there will be no more freebies later."

"Yes!" Cypress exclaimed. Kaya glanced outside, once again her human form.

"have fun you two!" Sans said once he had teleported them to school.

"Thanks, Dad," the children said, waving while he teleported back home.