Chapter 27

Throughout the next morning and afternoon, Kaya, Skyla, Jenny, and Cypress were being fussed over by Mettaton. He had called Catty and Bratty and informed them of the situation. They accepted gladly, not without some much needed squealing, and told him they'd move all appointments during the time to help the girls with their hair.

They all had fun, chatting with each other and getting to know things they hadn't before. All the while, Mettaton was busy finding a suit for Cypress while Catty, Bratty, and a hairstylist working with them helped prepare them for the dance.

"We really outdid our selves this time, Catty," Bratty said once they were done.

"I so agree, Bratty," Catty replied. "Go ahead! Go look at yourselves, girls!"

Kaya chuckled slightly, and stood from the chair. Her hair looked, and felt, softer than it ever did before. The tips ended off in little curls, and it all looked so healthy. She blushed a little and glanced at the other two.

"I should come to you two more often!" Jenny said, bunching up her large curls. "My hair looks so much better than when I went to any other hairstyler!"

"How often would you usually go to a hairstylist?" Kaya joked.

"So many times you wouldn't believe it. Just because the mayor's my father doesn't mean I have plenty of money to spend. They charge a lower price than they would for anyone else, but it ends up being more than what a normal person would pay. They keep saying they add certain things into my hair to keep it healthy, but instead, I show up not even a week later because my hair feels so terrible."

"Those little money stealers!" Skyla said.

"Well at least now you've found a couple of reliable ones."

"Yeah. I don't have to worry about the others now that I've found the best ones in town."

"Aww, girrl," Catty said. "The pleasure was ours."

"By the way," Bratty asked. "Like, how much longer until that dance starts?"

"Not much longer," Kaya answered.

"Which means I have to get started on your makeup, darlings," Mettaton said, walking in.

"Where's Cy?" Jenny asked, using the nickname she gave him.

"I don't want him to see you before you're all done, dear~. That would ruin certain plans of mine."

Kaya heard her phone buzz and went to check the text.

Gaster: We've got another for you to try

Kaya: What's the point of this again?

Gaster: It's a sort of test to see how much determination you can take

Kaya: But why? What do you expect to come out of this?

Gaster: Useful information that we could use later in case anything happens to you

Kaya: Oh, yay. Aren't I special

Gaster: Just get out of sight so I can give the newest one to you

Kaya: Fine

Let's hope I can slip by, Kaya thought before turning and coming face to face with her uncle.

"Come on, darling~. We, or really, I, need to put makeup on you." With that he gently moved her over to where there was more light and started applying makeup.

"Oh darling!" Mettaton said once he was done. "You look so pretty. I'm sure you'll be caught by your certain someone~"

"U-Uncle Mettaton!" Kaya stuttered, her face turning to purple. "H-how'd you find out?" she added under her breath.