Chapter 16

"Sans! My child! How dare you not come sooner?" Toriel scolded.

"I needed to talk to him, Mom," Frisk answered.

"DID YOU MANAGE TO GET ANYTHING OUT OF MY BROTHER?" Papyrus asked. "HE NEVER SEEMS TO SHARE ANYTHING WITH ME. ME! THE GREATEST AND COOLEST BROTHER IN THE WORLD!"

"No, not really Papy. Sorry."

"HE SEEMS TO BE SETTLING INTO A ROUTINE OF NOT TELLING PEOPLE THINGS. WITHOUT ME, HE'D NEVER TO TELL ANYONE ANYTHING! OR IT MIGHT SLIP HIS MIND AS THINGS USUALLY DO."

Kaya listened to the babbles going on while she and her father went into the kitchen. Sans turned on the light and froze, finding Chara going through some ice cream. Kaya wasn't surprised that her father reacted like that, with memories of the genocide run and the former demon sitting in the kitchen in the dark.

"You guys done with talking?" she asked, unnerved and used to those reactions.

"Yeah, but why aren't you with them?" Kaya asked her aunt, jerking her thumb to the other room.

"Eh, not quite into that mushy stuff yet, and I know after all this time that you wouldn't harm Frisk, comedian. So of course I knew that you'd all come back."

"heh, alright. mind if we join you?"

"Sure. But no one touches my chocolate!"

"We know." Kaya reached into the fridge and grabbed some ice cream from the freezer and a couple ketchup bottles from the fridge, careful not to touch the chocolate that was still in the freezer.

"Wow. You really are a bad influence, comedian," Chara remarked as Kaya handed one of the bottles to her father.

"i didn't train 'er to be like me, or to drink ketchup, and she did it on 'er own accord."

"Well, I'm in no place to judge how you two raise children."

Nothing else really happened that day, except, of course, at night.

Kaya lay on her bed, making bones varying between blue and white dance above her head, when she got an anonymous text from some random person.

???: Hello, Kaya. How much fun are you having, practicing your attacks?

Kaya: Oh, I'm great! Other than being stalked by the paranormal and nightmares, everything's just peachy!

???: How would you know I'm a monster?

Kaya: Well, how would you know I'm not?

???: Um... rright

Kaya: Ohh, is my stalker scared? Of me?

???: You know, it really should be you scared of me.

Kaya: Ok. Sure. Have fun trying to scare me

???: ...What?

Kaya: I mean have fun knocking me out. Even in my sleep, I have backup

???: Y-you're bluffing

Kaya: How would you know? This obviously means that you are nothing special and you don't know me, if you haven't seen her

???: Alright! I jest! JFC, I'm leaving!

Kaya: Aww, alright. Goodbye hacker 😋

With that she deleted the conversation and sighed, one of confusion. She had sensed magic behind the text, although faintly.