Chapter 6

It all happened in a moment, as Kaya expected it would. She couldn't afford to have any of the others ask questions that could put her in a bad situation, or ones that she couldn't answer, so she let go of their shoulders once they appeared at the meeting place, Sans' destination overwriting Kaya's since she didn't know where it was held. They were instantly greeted with a hug from their Uncle Papyrus, with Uncle Mettaton following right behind him.

"BROTHER! DREEMURRS!" Papyrus cried, lifting all but Ms. Toriel off their feet.

"Greetings darlings," Mettaton said.

"UM, BROTHER, WHO'S THE LITTLE HUMAN YOU BROUGHT WITH YOU?" her uncle asked, letting go and setting them down.

"she's a friend of cypress', pap," Sans replied, moving through the crowd to their table.

"OH," Papyrus said as they sat down. There was only one chair empty once they all had taken their seat, which Kaya guessed was her mom's. Besides Kaya, Cypress, Jenny, Sans, Papyrus, Mettaton, and Toriel, there was Asgore, Napstablook, Mettaton's cousin, Undyne, Alphys, Asriel, Toriel's and Asgore's child who was once a soulless flower, and Chara, once a murderous ghost and the first adopted/fallen child. Although Asriel and Chara look to be about the same age as Frisk, they are actually much older. Their bodies just stopped aging after they died. But they were brought back to life by means no one dared explain to her. Or just because they themselves didn't know.

"HUMAN!" Papyrus shouted, rising from his seat. "FROM THIS MOMENT ON, I, THE GREAT PAPYRUS, WILL BE YOUR NEW, AND UNFORTUNATELY SECOND, FRIEND!" he declared.

"Um, it's fine, you don't have-" Jenny started to protest.

"NONSENSE. I INSIST."

"Yeah!" Undyne shouted. "Papyrus and I will teach you to cook!" Her eyes were shining until Alphys said, "Um, m-maybe its best t-to leave that to her p-parents. A-also, one, we can't a-afford to keep rebuilding the house every time you cook, and t-two, they're going to k-kick us out if you keep sh-shouting like that."

"They'll have to make me!" Undyne said, leaping out of her seat and stood on the table, her body in her practiced battle position, holding a light blue spear over her head.

"YOU HAVE MY SUPPORT, UNDYNE."

"P-please don't."

Kaya sighed, barely hearing their argument. At least Jenny doesn't have the guts to open her mouth.

"So how comfortable are you all with Kaya?" Jenny spoke up over Undyne's and Papyrus' shouting and the other's . As soon as I think it. How dare I jinx myself?

"What do you mean?" Asgore's deep voice could be heard clearly in the silence at their table.

"oh, hey! look at that. the meetin's startin'," Sans said, distracting everyone for the moment.

The lights went out and spotlights lit up the stage. The mayor walked up on stage.

"Greetings humans and monsters!" he boomed. He waited for on-going conversations to quiet down, which wasn't long, and continued. "Today marks the nineteenth anniversary since the monsters were freed. And it's my daughter's birthday, who happens to be here, today." The overhead spotlights moved to Jenny and everyone stared in surprise. The humans and monsters who knew this cheered and clapped for her, with everyone else quickly following suit. "Now," the mayor said after the cheering and clapping had settled down. "I shall let the human-monster ambassador, Frisk Dreemurr, give more information as to the party that will be going on for the anniversary."

He disappeared behind the curtains, with Kaya's mother to appear from there a couple seconds later.

"Hello everyone!" Frisk said, her voice echoing around the room. "This won't be a long speech. We are planning to give as much time as needed for you all to get ready on such short notice. As you know, there will be a party held later tonight, available for both adult humans and adult monsters. It won't be as big or grand a party as our large milestone parties, but everyone who worked so hard to put this together has done an excellent job none-the-less in my opinion."