Chapter Three: Walking STD

"Come on, at least have the balls to admit it." Vanessa says to me the next morning. I shift my bag on my shoulder and toss her a glare.

"There's nothing to admit."

"Uh, there is something to admit. Admit he's attractive. Go on, admit it. You think I haven't heard the story from the entire student population? After school I heard Jeffery talking about it!"

"Jeffery the janitor?" I ask.

"Yes!" She exclaims. "I know you were practically sweating when you saw him. Come on! Admit it! He's attractive!"

My eyes flirt nervously around the hallway.

"Fine!" I hiss. "He's attractive, okay? Everything about him is attractive. His stupid muscles, his stupid face. He's attractive, alright?"

"You're going to marry him, I'll make sure of it." Vanessa rubs her hands together excitedly. I scowl.

"You're so dramatic. I'm not going to marry him."

"He was flirting with you, you idiot!"

"I'm sure he flirts with everyone. I bet he sleeps with students. You watch!"

"Now that's a little crazy, Belle. He doesn't sleep with students."

"Well he probably sleeps with everyone else. Actually, he doesn't sleep with them. He has sex and runs."

"And if he didn't...you'd go out with him?" She asks hopefully.

"No." I say shortly. "Alexander Caulton is a manwhore."

"But if he wasn't a manwhore, would you go out with him?"

"No." I say. "He's cocky and arrogant. His ego is the size of my home state."

"At least you're not from Texas. You can fit two Wisconsin's in Texas. Maybe two and a half."

"Wisconsin is a big state. Actually, scratch that." I snap my fingers. "His ego is the size of North America."

"Oh whatever." She says. "He's hot though and you can't deny that."

I really can't. He's so attractive that it's hard to focus around him.

"Whatever." I grumble.

"Why don't you flirt back?" She asks.

"Because that's just unnecessary. That's not going to happen."

"Why?"

"Because he's a walking STD." I respond. Her jaw opens slightly and she looks at me.

Almost on queue, the man himself darts around me and stalks down the hallway to his classroom.

My jaw opens in shock.

Shit.

When he unlocks his door and pulls it open, he turns to me.

"Make sure not to be in a ten foot radius of me. I have STD's, you know? Who knows if I have Ebola too, right? God, you must be so scared having to be stuck three classes down from me! Make sure you go online and order face masks. Or go to the hospital and take some, just to make sure you don't get ill from me."

I open my mouth to apologize, but his door is already slamming shut.

I look at Vanessa, who has the worlds most intense cringe on her face.

"How long was he there?" I demand.

"I have no idea." she mumbles. "Shit." I stop walking.

"Was he there the whole time?! That means he heard me say that he has sex and runs, that he's a manwhore, that he's cocky, arrogant, and that his ego is the size of Wisconsin!"