Chapter Eleven: Friday Night

"Should I?" I whisper to Vanessa.

She sighs slowly, propping her feet up on my coffee table.

"Belle, I genuinely think he's a great guy." She says. "So you told him Lucas pasted the nudes everywhere? That's like, the end of the story...kind of. Actually, that's the middle. Whatever, it doesn't matter. What matters is how he held you afterwards. He held his hand out to you and waited until you were ready to take it. He drove you home. He didn't pressure you for answers. He was nice about it. Just invite him over."

I stare at the messages on instagram, and the next thing I know, I'm texting him my phone number.

I don't say anything else, I just text him the ten numbers.

Around ten minutes later, my phone starts ringing with a random number with the 509 area code.

Biting my lip, I press answer.

"Hello?"

"You just couldn't stay away from me I see."

I can practically hear his smile. I take a deep breath.

"Are you still coming over tonight?"

"I don't know, baby girl. Am I?"

I bite my lip.

"Yes."

"Excellent. We'll be there in about an hour."

He hangs up without another word.

"Remind me to teach him how to hang up with somebody properly." I mutter to Vanessa, who looks amused.

_____

An hour later, the guys had pushes my car into the garage and backed the truck up next to it. I bought the part, which was only two hundred, and now they're up to their elbows in grease, pausing to drink beers. They're making a lot of innuendos directed at Vanessa and I, and I find myself jealous of my best friend.

She doesn't get anxious at all, she just flirts right back with him, while I'm over here a stuttering mess.

Tank sits, watching all of us converse.

"I hear you have a swimming pool." Colton says to me.

At the mention of a pool, Zane looks at me.

"We should definitely go swimming." He says as I take a sip of my beer. "And if you don't want to, we can go upstairs and I can make something else go swimming...inside of you." He winks. I start choking on my beer and he laughs loudly.

"You know what? Let's go swimming right now!" Colton exclaims.

I open my mouth to protest, but Vanessa is already dragging me upstairs to my bedroom. She kicks the door shut and turns to me.

"You have to swim, Belle! We can see them shirtless!" Her hands are clasped together and she looks desperate.

"What if they notice my scars on my shoulder?" I whisper.

"If they do and they make a rude comment, you'll know you can't trust them." She says. "It's okay."

She's right. I can just say my cat scratched me.

Anxious, I walk to my dresser and grab my white bikini, handing it to Vanessa. She slips out of my room and I grab my strapless lace bikini top. It's tight and there's padding inside to lift my breasts. When I clasp it on, I adjust the girls until they sit perky. The top is a periwinkle and the bottom is the same pattern and the same color. The bottom curves in on my ass, not quite like a thong but enough to be almost a thong. I've had my hair up in a bun. I slip out of the bedroom at the same time that Vanessa exits the bathroom.