Chapter Forty: Olympics

I got water ok also I promise I'm not on drugs idk what's wrong with me but I'm sober and I've never done drugs lmao

Also please understand there won't be much of the moves in here because I'm not a gymnast. I find out things from online. I don't even know if a quad flip on the vault is possible, but I'm sure it can be invented or something.

ALSO I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THE OLYMPICS I HAVE NEVER WATCHED IT AND I GUARANTEE THIS IS INCORRECT PLEASE DON'T HATE ON ME

Anyways enjoy this chapter will make your life

_____

Chapter Forty: Olympics

The adrenaline is courting through my veins.

This is my last chance. I got a 9.99 on my beam, a 9.99 on floor, and a 10.0 on my uneven bars.

I need to keep my score up.

I adjust the straps to my leotard, watching the vault from the other end of the runway. When the buzzer goes off for me to go, I take a deep breath and start running. Nobody has done a quad flip on the vault yet. My feet hi the trampoline and I flip forward, pushing off the horse with my hands. I keep my knees together and do four flawless backflips and a perfect twist, landing firmly a foot or two away from the vault. I pose, and the crowd is deafening. I walk off the mat and walk over to Mrs. Bennett, who has tears in her eyes as she hugs me, lifting me off the ground.

I did perfect.

"My knees were together, right?" I ask Mrs. Bennett breathlessly.

"Yes!" She exclaims. "You were perfectly poised and your landing was flawless and your knees were together. You rocked it, Bella!"

We watch as the five judges hold up cards, each one of them containing a number ten on it. The crowd is going insane and I feel like I'm about to lose my shit, so Mrs. Bennett pulls me back to my seat next to her. I drink my water and watch as the scores come up.

10.0.

Mrs. Bennett and I high five and then she pushes my water back towards me. I feel cameras on me as I sip my water.

I have multiple sponsors. I have AT&T, Hershey's, Under Armour, Chobani, NBC Sports, United Airlines, and GK Elite.

Mrs. Bennett already told me that she's paying for the metals, because you have to pay the taxes on them before you get them, which is fucked up but I don't care.

We watch as everyone else gets a go at it, and then they start calculating the results. Everyone starts talking and I sit anxiously, waiting. The announcers are talking recaps of everyone and discussing who they think is getting what award, but I tune them out. I don't need that anxiety. Mrs. Bennett squeezes my hand when the screen with results black out.

I know my whole family is here, and Zane and his family, and Vanessa and her family, and even Colton is here, but I have no idea where they are and this place is packed. We're not even in America, we're in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. I have three other teammates waiting to see which country has won.

I watch as I see the results pop up, with America being number one. The crowd erupts in cheers and I start hugging my teammates, the cameras on us. Russia is in second place.

They dividing up the top gymnasts and we go take our seats.

I watch as my name moves all around the map and starts going higher and higher and lower and higher, the numbers of scores changing quickly.