Chapter Twenty One: Alone

Oh by the way the picture on the side is the one that Rose was looking at one Zane's instagram. I forgot to post it, isn't he so delicious? <3

_____

Chapter Twenty One: Alone

I wake up in the same position, but something feels wrong.

Everything feels wrong.

The coco butter isn't sitting on the end of the bed.

The spandex I threw I the corner are gone.

I spring out of bed.

Was it a dream? My heart pounds viciously in my chest and I rub my back.

It doesn't feel soft, and it hurts.

I'm in the tank top and sweatpants that I left the ice bath in.

Tank lies in the spot I remember Zane being in, and I bend down to smell the pillow.

It smells like dog.

"No." I whisper, agony ripping through my body like a tidal wave. "It was fake!"

It was fake.

My cell phone starts ringing on the side table. I yank it up and press answer.

"Yes? Hello?"

"Ii was just making sure you got up." Mom says. "Are you eating breakfast here or at home?"

"Um..." I screw my eyes shut. "There. I'll eat there."

"Alright. Are you okay? You sound upset."

"I just-" I swallow the lump in my throat. "Nothing, I had a dream."

"Oh, okay." She doesn't pry. She knows if I feel like talking about it, I will.

"I'm going to get ready."

"Alright."

I get off the phone and force myself out of bed.

It felt so real, but there's no sign of him ever being here.

The coco butter that he left on my dresser is gone, and when I walk into the bathroom, it's in the same spot I got it from.

The spandex I threw on the floor after he gave me the massage are gone.

I do my business and then I brush my teeth and put my hair into a ponytail. I wash my face, but I just want to cry.

It felt so real. I can still feel his hands against my back.

I can still feel his chest rising. I can still hear his heartbeat. I can still hear his lungs as he breathes.

A tear slips down my cheek.

This is going to be the worst day of my life.

Miserable, I walk into my bedroom and pull off my sweats and my tank top.

I pull on a light gray nike sports bra and matching spandex shorts. I put on light pink Nike's and a Nike jacket. I grab the keys to my car and Tank's leash, clipping it to his collar. My purse is still in the car, so I grab my phone and walk out.