Chapter Thirty Three: Sick

Writers block is so bad, I've written this chapter like three times. I'll come up with something eventually. I keep getting ideas but I'm so busy at my Grandma's getting ready for Thanksgiving that I forget them.

If you hate this be nice, because I love this book :)

Chapter Thirty Three: Sick

Rosabelle

I shift slightly at the desk in Mom's kitchen, watching her and Madison talk about the casserole she's making. James is talking to my Dad and they're laughing their asses off about something. Zane is in the living room arguing with my brothers over which Green Bay Packers player is better. Alice is sitting at the kitchen table next to James coloring in her coloring book.

I'm feeling rather lonely.

I wish I had some gymnast friends. A lot of guys love football, so Zane can pick a guy out of a crowd and start talking. Around here, there are a ton of Packers fans. Living in Wisconsin works out for him.

I however, have to sit here and have nobody that's interested in the same thing that I am.

"Are you okay?"

I look up at my future mother-in-law and sigh.

"Yeah, I'm alright."

I want attention from Zane. Since he found out about his Mom he's been distant. I want to go out on another date with him and have it just be the two of us.

I stare at my phone screen and hit the home button.

No notifications.

Damn, am I really that boring?

Maybe Zane will give me attention...

I wonder if I walk in there if he'll let me sit in his arms.

That sounds nice.

Sitting with him sounds better than sitting alone, and I'm tired and he's probably so warm and cozy, and he smells like what I imagine heaven to smell like.

I push myself to my feet and walk to the living room. Zane is on one couch and my brothers are on the couches in front of him. They don't even cut off their conversation when I walk in. I walk up to Zane and sit down next to him.

His arm slings around me and I nuzzle into his side.

I'm just so tired and drained.

"Are you okay?" He asks.

He's so warm and I'm cold. I nod against his side and yawn.

"I'm gonna take a nap." I mumble. He kisses the top of my head.

I feel myself being shaken slightly. My pillow is so warm and cozy. I mumble a quiet go away and nuzzle deeper into my warm pillow.

But my pillow smells like vanilla and mints.

I feel Zane chuckle.

"Come on, baby girl. It's dinner time."

"Not hungry." I mumble.

I feel him get up, and then he lifts me into his arms.

I nestle my head into his shoulder and sigh softly.

And then he sets me down on a cold hard chair. I force my eyes open, blinking.

Everyone is already at the table and they're staring at me.

"What's wrong?" Mom asks.

"I'm tired."

"Why?" Dad wonders.