Destruction

Nia packed her bag as she prepared for the trip ahead

Nia packed her bag as she prepared for the trip ahead. Lincoln had told her that Lexa had requested her presence in Polis. She was up before the sun rose and was heading to the village. She would travel quickly with Alec beside her.

She mounted a black horse and raised her hood and her face cover. She nodded at Alec beside her before they both galloped away. Lincoln would continue to watch over the group while she was gone. Alec had only watched that one time and went back to training the younger recruits.

They were traveling for quite some time before Alec decided to break the silence.

"You've been spending a lot of time watch the group."

Nia sighed heavily knowing where this conversation was heading to. "We needed more information. This group is more different everyday. They don't seem like a danger to us but each other."

"They invaded our land Nia. The aren't like us. They're dangerous." Alec said hoping to reason.

Nia shook her head as she heard his words. "They don't even know how to fight."

Alec could see that she was hoping something back from them. "What are you hiding Nia?"

"Nothing. I'm not hiding anything. We grew up fighting they didn't. Can't you see we're different from one another. We will probably end up living with among one another why can't we try to establish some sort of treaty. They could follow our rules and our Heda. We shouldn't just consider them a danger until they've made an actual threat." Nia spoke with determination.

Before he could speak again she galloped ahead so that they wouldn't discuss the topic more. The rest of the trip went in silence as Nia wanted to get there quickly. Finally she could see Polis on the horizon.

When they pulled up to the gate they gave them their weapons and were able to proceed. She took in the familiar sights of the vendors as they littered the courtyard. Nia made a mental note to grab supplies before she left.

A guard escorted them up the tower to where the clans met. When they entered through the doors she spotted Lexa standing and looking out at the view.

"Heda, Nia has arrived as requested." The guard announced.

Lexa turned and approached the pair. "Alec tell me how is the training going?"

"It's good Heda, the young ones are quick learners." Alec said. He began filling her in on the progress of training.

After giving a detailed update Lexa nodded before turning to Nia. "Leave the room. I'd like to speak with my sister alone."

Alec shot a glance at Nia one last time before leaving the room. Nia stood in silence as she waited for Lexa to speak. She didn't want to give anything away but she knew Lexa well.