Training

The journey to Camp Jaha was silent, at least for Nia it was

The journey to Camp Jaha was silent, at least for Nia it was. During the whole way she seemed to tense as she recalled what had happened last times. But this time it was different, this time there were more warriors with her. If anything happened they would be able to defend themselves.

Her thoughts seemed to have clouded her mind that she didn't hear that they arrived. The others seem to be going over a plan while Nia took the moment to collect herself. Soon enough she found herself and the others walking toward the front gate.

"Open the gate!" Someone shouted from inside. Nia inhaled deeply before she took one step inside. She listened to Indra intently as they made their way forward.

"Head high. Eyes sharp. Remember, we're the ones with a thousand warriors in the woods."

The group stopped when Nia and Indra stood in front of Marcus. The man seemed like a good leader for Skikru but she had noticed that he had yet to take back the chancellor pin back from Abby. She had noticed that his request for peace even pushed him to learn their language. 

"Welcome." He address the two leaders in front of him. "I thought we'd start with a reception. Then move onto training. We have a lot to learn from each other."

But before they could continue inside he turned and pointed to a bin that was off to the side. "Weapons there, please. Only our guards are armed here." With that said Nia and Indra shared a look before the two both began to disarm.

After their weapons were clear, the three began to make their way inside. "Thank you for agreeing to this, Indra, Nia." Marcus said as they made their way down a corridor.

Before Nia could do anything to acknowledge him Indra spoke. "We're here on the commander's orders. I agreed to nothing." This caused Nia to let out a sigh, she knew that Indra wouldn't accept this alliance easily.

"Please, we'll begin in a moment." Marcus gestured them inside as he stopped by another man in the doorway.

Once all the warriors were inside they waited till Marcus made his way inside. From where she stood she could see Octavia and Fox standing side by side by a wall. She wanted to make her way over but she needed to stay where she was for now.

"All right. Quiet down. Indra, please." Marcus announced to the room as he stood in front. Indra stood beside him hesitantly and Nia took the time to survey the people around them. They seemed all tense as they exchanged hushed whispers.

Her attention was brought back when she heard Marcus speak. "I know we don't have a lot in common. But we do have a common enemy and a common goal. And for us to reach it, to get our people out of Mount Weather, we need to work together. Together. Skikru and Trikru. Our survival depends on sharing your knowledge of this world."

But his speech was cut short with a commotion from the back. Nia recognized the boy that Michael seemed to have exchanged words with as Murphy.

"Mr. Murphy. Apologize to that man." Marcus said as they watched the interaction.